(Closed) What percentage of your guest list is friends?

posted 6 years ago in Guests
Post # 16
Member
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Out of ~100 guests (10 tables with 10 people at each), we had about 4 tables worth of friends, so about 40%.  The rest was family and friends of my parents.

Post # 17
Member
211 posts
Helper bee

We are inviting 150ish people to our wedding. We decided to divide the guest list evenly so FI’s parents can invite 50ish guests, my parents can invite 50ish guests, and Fiance and I can also invite 50ish guests. Because our parents’ guest lists include our family and their friends, our entire guest list of 50ish is comprised entirely of our friends so approximately 1/3 (33%) of our guest list will be friends of ours.

  • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  LaurEliz.
Post # 18
Member
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

We have 60 guests on our list and 15 of them are family members, so 25% of our guest list is family and the other 75% are friends. We’re keeping the wedding small and my fiance has a large family, so we’re inviting only his immediate family and my immediate family, plus a small group of each of our friends amd some mutual friends. 

Post # 19
Member
2639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

View original reply
MrsKing212:  We had a very small wedding- 20 guests. 5 of those guests were friends (or SOs of friends) so 25% friends. But we had a destination wedding, so it wasn’t possible for every person we are friendly with at work, etc, to be there. If we had a wedding in the US, it would probably be closer to 1/2 or 1/3 friends.

Post # 20
Member
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

We are inviting 150 people. Of that, about a third of them are friends. 

Post # 21
Member
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Destination wedding, and we’re expecting 75 at most, only 8 are family members (so about 90% friends, 10% family).  

The topic ‘What percentage of your guest list is friends?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors