Post # 1
I am starting to look for venues, and I have honestly no idea what to ask besides the price and what this includes! What did you ask? Did you still have surprises? If so, which ones? What should I worry about?
Almost all the venues I am looking at are at boutique hotels or big event venues. They all include catering and the tables and the glasses and chargers (I know there’s a word for this but I can not think of it at this moment). There is also no logistic about bathrooms and such, any other suggestions?
Post # 4
@anemonie: Thank you so much! There are so many thing I would have never even considered asking!
Post # 5
commenting so I can come back and look at this before i go to meetings! @anemonie: this is a great list!
Post # 7
* Food & Beverage minimums – how much are you required to spend at the event? If your budget is $10k, but their minimum is $20k for the day, then that’s a problem.
* What are taxes and service fees? In my area (NH), taxes and service fees generally range from 25% – 29% on top of everything else. So, if they’re advertising $50/head for dinner, it’s actually $62.50 when all is said and done.
* What are the ceremony fees? Some venues charge additional for having the ceremony onsite. I’ve seen this range from $200 to $2000!
* What are the room rental fees? Many venues advertise their price per head for the meal but neglect to mention that you have to pay an additional fee for the usage of the reception hall, in addition to food costs.
* What are your timing limitations? Are you required to be done by 9pm? midnight? all night? How much do they charge if you go over?
* Do they charge for having a rehearsal the night before?
* Are you required to rent out the entire inn/hotel/venue for the night of your weddings? Do they have a minimum room block required?
* What is included in their listed prices? Linens, Centerpieces, chairs, tables?
* Are there additional bartender fees on top of the price per drink?
* Any additional fees, taxes, gratuities?
Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/looking-at-first-venue#ixzz2RoUGEqJz
Post # 8
The big question for me, after “what’s included” is “how many weddings do you do here per day?” You don’t want to be fighting for time and space. That goes along with the question of “how early can we get there?”
Post # 9
Post # 10
Thank you so so so so very much!! This is amazing!
Post # 11
Super great comments from the PPs! You Bees are all awesome.
For those of you (@MsGinkgo:) marking this so you don’t lose it, and for @minipenguin: may I recommend “The Bride’s Book of Lists: Things to Do & Questions to Ask” by Amy Nebens.
I mentioned it previously on another post about venue questions.