Post # 1
I chose winter (well, TECHNICALLY it’s late fall, b/c of the whole winter solstice thing but it’s still winter to me) because:
1) It is my favorite – crisp air, wonderful scents, cozy blankets & cocoa, holidays, etc
2) I get hot & sweat easily and did not want my makeup melting off before the ceremony – That was probably the main reason lol
Post # 3
I chose fall/Halloween. It’s my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the fall foliage. I love that it’s not sweltering hot. I love that it’s Halloween. lol
Post # 4
We live in So. Cal – so it was important to us to not pick blazing hot months (July/Aug/Sept) or cold months (Dec/Jan/Feb) – which left the rest! We ideally wanted May/June, but our venue was booked. We could have done March, but the timing would have stressed us out – so we decided for a longer engagement (aka: more time to save money!) and settled on October!
Post # 5
I chose winter because we got engaged on July 28th, and this gave me the longest time to plan, but still get married in 09!
Post # 6
I chose spring because:
1) Summers in Houston can be dreadful, especially for people that aren’t used to it
2) I have never been a big fan of winter. I hate being cold.
3) Hurricane season was too much of a worry for me. We got engaged about 2 months after Houston’s most recent hurricane. My parents didn’t have power for about 2 weeks (because all of the power lines were wrapped up in the trees). I also read too many blogs about rescheduled weddings to want to deal with that.
Post # 7
I chose the fall because all of the rich colors are so pretty.
Post # 8
- Wedding: October 2009 - Devil's Thumb Ranch, Colorado
We originally chose fall because a) it was about 16 months out from when he proposed) and b) we thought we were going to get married back east and we wanted the colorful trees! It’s a beautiful time of year. When our east coast wedding venue search went badly, we chose Colorado (as its driving distance from our house in New Mexico). Fall stayed in the mix because the leaves are golden that time of year in the Rockies. Lucky for us, our venue’s prices drop October 1st for their low-season, so we were able to book the first weekend in October (for the best chance of good weather in their low-season) at half the price!
Post # 9
We chose early fall for several reasons –
- not too hot or too cold (the weather is usually ideal here around late Sept)
- no chance of bad weather making travel difficult for our Out of Town guests (as there might be if we waited until later fall or winter)
- there should be at least a little bit of pretty foliage by then… but not a ton of leaves on the ground (the prettiest part of fall IMO)
Post # 10
prices were the least expensive within the best part of the season in jamaica for all of the guest rooms. We would have done it any time of the year though, doesn’t matter to us! Just worked out that way and was a good price for guests. It also coincided with an engagement that was about a year and some change, which to me is a good length.
Post # 11
Im with ya’ll… fall is my absoulte favorite time of the year.I love the winter wedding idea too. Honestly I couldnt get married in the summer I get hot very vey easy.. and I wouldnt want to be all sweaty!! ewww. and in the spring my allergies always get bad with all the spring blooms.. Id look puffy and snezzing every where!
Post # 12
I chose late summer because I wanted Fall but one of my besties (and a BM) got engaged first and chose the EXACT weekend I wanted. So since I had no interest in winter or waiting until the following spring, I bumped it up two months to late summer so that our weddings wouldn’t be right on top of one another since we have a lot of guest overlap. I never told her she took my date.
Post # 13
I chose winter because every wedding I’ve ever gone to has been in the spring and summer, and we wanted something different (although looking at this post that doesn’t seem to be the case!) We really wanted a super formal, evening affair when it was dark outside, and winter seemed like the perfect time to do it! Also, winter is my absolute favorite time of year!
Post # 14
We chose spring because of the weather and how gorgeous it is here that time of year. Our other option was fall, but both of our birthdays are in that season and we wanted to spread things out a bit.
Post # 15
Fall is our favorite season, and in our opinion, October has the BEST weather in Texas. October is not too hot & not too cold, usually just right. And since we wanted to get married outside, October won!
Post # 16
We chose summer because we wanted to ensure, as best we can, nice weather! It rains here, a lot, during the fall, spring and winter and usually some in the summer as well but July was statistically the dryest and sunniest month and so we settled on July 24th as it will be our three year anniversary of our first date so it will be easy to remember!