- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2014
im really torn on what i should do here. we have been looking for a dog for a while now but none have really fit. about a month ago we found a dog named bear. he is a full blodded lab an the only problem is that he is not fixed but that is not really a huge issue. other than that he was PERFECT to the nose on what we have been searching for and to top it all off he was free to a good home.
so we call the lady that was getting rid of him and we set up a time to get him. she wanted to bring him over so she could meet everyone and know where he was going to be living (we were going to let her come and visit and all of that) well the time comes and passes and we dont hear anything. she later tol me it was because her sister had to go to the hospital. she is her sisters caretaker so it was understandable. so we set up a time a few days later. day comes and before she was supposed to arrive told me that now her son and husband are sick so she will contact me when they are better.
so some times goes by (about a week and a half) and i decided to text her and ask if she was still planning on rehoming the dog and its perfectly understandable if she decided to keep him but we just wanted to know before really starting to look again in earnest. she said that she still does but son and husband are now in the hospital and she will contact me.
it has been about a week and a half now and i am wondering if i should try contacting her again. just to make sure everyone is ok and all of that and to maybe get a deffinate yes or no instead of this hoping and waiting. I know its crazy but i just cant get this dog out of my head. every dog i look at i think “well its not bear but…” or ‘well bear is…” and now after about 5 people flaking out or as we are coming to pick the dog up at the time they wanted us there they give it away im starting to feel like maybe its a sign that we should wait for bear.maybe i am just thinking way to far into this i dont know. sometihng inside just keeps telling me that i should stop loking because i already found what i was looking for but he may be out of reach.
i would really like some outside perspective on this. should i try to contact her again or just let it go and try to move on?