(Closed) What should I do, should I buy the diamond?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I go ahead and buy the diamond?

    Yes, if its the perfect diamond you don't want to lose it

    No, wait until BF proposes as was the plan

    Maybe, suck it up and ask your BF

  • Post # 3
    7768 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

    That is a tough one.  I think *maybe* you should wait, but it is your relationship that you know best, so I would listen to your intuition.

    Post # 4
    3967 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

    @google:  If he knows that you are going to buy THE ring post-engagement, and he’s doing his own ring thing, I don’t see why you COULDN’T buy it, since clearly you are both on the same page with this. I don’t think it’s jumping the gun. If he wanted a say in picking out the ring, then yes I’d say don’t do it, but based on the way you explained it, I think it’d be ok!

    Post # 5
    1866 posts
    Buzzing bee

    @google:  I say buy it.  Diamonds are so individually unique and if this one is perfect for you then definitely snatch it up!

    Post # 6
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I say buy it now. You’re already in an untraditional situation, and you don’t want to lose the stone. You don’t have to start wearing it or even have it set just because you went ahead and bought it, so I don’t see why he would mind. 

    Post # 7
    15279 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    It seems as though you have a pretty open process with him about this so I say buy it.  I’d go a step further and say why not buy it and then maybe let him propose with it instead of have him buy another ring just for the sake of buying one himself.  It’d save him/you money, esp if you plan on combining finances.

    Post # 9
    490 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

    I say go for it.  I mean, you already know he is proposing, so its just a matter of time.  I don’t think it matters whether you buy it now or a year from now, especially if you are getting a good deal and you feel its perfect!  It may not be there later.

    Post # 10
    4346 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

    Can you buy the diamond and he buys the setting for it? Since you will already have it…. 
    (ps I say buy the stone now) 

    Post # 11
    176 posts
    Blushing bee

    first of all congratulations!!!!

    and i voted buy the diamond!!! diamonds are unique!! and they have different energy…if one in particular is calling to you, get it!! but you seem to have a very open relationship with your partner so why not make him a part of your exitement and enthusiasm’?? maybe have him be there and celebrate it?? 

    i´m a type a person too and waiting for my guy to propose if driving me nuts too!!! i already know he has the ring!! But still he has the need to try and surprise me??!!! bless his sweet sweet heart!

    Post # 12
    671 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

    I’m so type A, but I say speak to him about it first. Just so he’s on the same page as you. But I know what you mean, I found a fabulous antique stone that I have sent to SO. Ball is in his court now, so tough to be patient!

    The topic ‘What should I do, should I buy the diamond?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors