- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
Both me and Darling Husband were very clear from early in our relationship that we wanted to have kids and that it had to be once we were married..
So we are now married and TTC. It struck me last night when I was in bed worring about life
that we actually haven’t discussed much about TTC.
Some questions I thought of that we should probably explore were..
1. Would I be a Stay-At-Home Mom, or just take some time off work, if so how long?
2. What would we do if we scans showed abnormalities?
3. How many children do we want?
4. How far apart?
5. Would we have the child privately or not? (Not relavent for some Bees, but relevent where I am)
6. Would we want vaginal delivery or C-Section? (Turns out he massively favours C-Section for some reason and I massively would want to avoid it, if possible!)
7. If we had difficulties TTC would we consider IVF? Or infertility treatments or favour looking into adoption? (Religious considerations here)
8. Will we move house when we have children? Where do we want to live/inwhat kind of property?
9. Who do we tell we are TTC, who would we tell and when if we got pregnant?
What other questions can you think of?
Also please dont laugh that I dont already have the answers to all of these! A lot of them I assumed to know but actually was suprised by Darling Husband thoughts (delivery method being case in point). Also, as we both knew we wanted to have kids together we kind of thought, lets get pregnant then discuss things as our feelings might change anyway…
Id love to hear your thoughts from those who are TTC and those who are parents already!