(Closed) What size SETTING for 4.25 finger? HELP!!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
14444 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you’re ever going to have to wear it alone, I think 1.8 mm is too thin, so I’d go with the 2.5mm.

Post # 4
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

A lot has to do width of your Ering… But other than that I agree with @pinkshoes: if you want to wear it solo then 2.5 mm will make more sense. I myself imagined a 2 mm ring, but in reality ended up going with something closer to 3 mm

Post # 7
14444 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@roxxx_m:  oh, i thought I read wedding ring… did you change it or am I up way too late again….

For the e-ring, I think I’d go with 1.8.  I have a 1.3ct with 2mm, which I loved on its own, but with the matching 2mm wedding band, I think the set is a bit thick, and probably would have opted for 1.8 if I had picked it out myself.  Can you go try some on?  Make sure to try it on with a wedding band too since that  changes the look to see how you like the set.

Post # 9
2269 posts
Buzzing bee

I would go with the 1.8 as I prefer thinner bands.

Post # 10
3429 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@roxxx_m:  I would go with the larger , anything too thin scares me. I can’t do delicate im like a bull in a china shop. LOL

Post # 11
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Ok, just so we are now all on the same page… you changed the title of this post… and what began as one discussion is now another (hence the confusion for pinkshoes and I) 

In any case, my advice still stands

A lot depends on what size of band the other ring(s) you’ll wear with are going to be… so in reality, it doesn’t matter if you are talking ERing or WBand…

The same advice goes… what will everything look like together in the end ?

Some ladies like everything to be the same width… some like one bigger than the other… and some like to “leave enough room” so that a third / anniversary band can be added into the mix later on

It really is a personal choice / preference… so not something I’d say be relying on a lot of people on the internet for advice on… I mean really, YOU HAVE TO LOVE IT… as you’ll be wearing it / looking at it every day from now on.

You’ll find that when it comes to ERings (and WBands) that they come in all sorts of widths.  From knife edge thin… right up to chunky broad bands.

In my own case, I chose my ERing first… independent of anything else.  Then I had to go out and look for something I liked to go with it as it is not part of a set… (nor does this unique piece come with any sort of “suggestion” on what one might match with it… as it is a custom made piece thru a family jewellery store)

I chose my ERing strictly because I LOVE IT (I adore unique jewellery… that is not like everyone else’s)

The band on my ERing is very wide (I was going for the cocktail ring look… vs a solitaire… because as an Encore Bride, I’ve already done the solitaire thing the first time round). 

The band on my ERing is actually flared, so it is wider on top (close to 10 mm) than the bottom (4 mm)… so in many ways it is what many would consider WBand width.

In the end I chose a “sparkly” WBand that compliments it perfectly… infact many would say they look like a matched set in that the “setting” for the diamonds is almost identical.  My WBand is 3 mm

In addition, I have a 3rd ring… a plain WBand that I can wear as part of the set, or seperately (I like to be able to change things up).  It comes in handy for times when I don’t want to wear my very glittery ERing (attracts too much attention when we are travelling to foreign countries etc)… so I just wear the 2 WBands… (the sparkly one subbing as my Ering).

OR if I am doing some sort of activity where the diamonds might be at risk, I can just wear the plain band alone (home renovations / painting / deep cleaning / scuba diving etc).  My 3rd ring is just a hair narrower than my Diamond Wedding Band, it is made by the same manufacturer so it matches perfectly.

Here is a pic from my recent wedding showing all 3 together on one hand (just one of many ways I can wear them)

Hope this helps,

Post # 12
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

You should go with 2.5 mm.  I think 1.8 mm is too thin.  My ring size is 3.75 and my e-ring is 2.7 mm.

Post # 13
4891 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I have roughly the same ring size as you, a .75ct round Moissy, and a super thin e-ring. It’s 2mm at its thickest, which is in the back. The top is noticeably thinner. 

The topic ‘What size SETTING for 4.25 finger? HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors