- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
I am usually realy good at making music playlists for events, but it’s usually just the background music and I’m probably the only one paying attention to what is really playing. So, I play what I’d like to hear mainly but also keeping the audience in mind.
We have a band for our dance, but am providing the songs for them to play during their breaks. I’m having such a hard time finding songs that I know my friends and family will keep dancing too.
So far, some ideas are:
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Sexyback – Justin Timberlake
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- a few Michael Jackson ones that I would narrow down to just one or two (Wanna Be Startin’ Something, Billie Jean, Black or White, etc)
- Dirt Road Anthem – Jason Aldean (FI and I have always danced to at other weddings)
I have a TON of songs I could use, but would rather know that the ones I do pick would keep people dancing and are familiar.
What are your must have songs, or songs that you love to hear at wedding dances? I think they’ll be taking 4 breaks at about 10 minutes at a time, so at least 2-3 songs will get played.