(Closed) What sort of train do you think this is?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What would you call this train?




  • Post # 3
    9916 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

    It looks like the TGV.

    Post # 5
    5422 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2012

    I’d say cathedral.

    Post # 7
    1682 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    Chapel Length Train:  A chapel train is generally 1 1/3 yards or 4 feet from the waistline. 

    Semi-Cathedral Length Train: A semi-cathedral is about half way between a chapel and cathedral length. Perfect for a semi-formal or formal wedding gown.

    Cathedral Length Train: A cathedral train is generally 2 1/2 yards or 7 1/2 feet from the waistline.

    Royal Train:  Also called a Monarch train, this train generally falls 9 ft from the waist line and is only used for the most formal wedding.

    so you had a royal train.


    Post # 8
    14492 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    It is inbetween two lengths:

    Cathedral Train – extends past 6 to 8 feet

    Royal Cathedral Train – extends 10 feet or more


    That dress is so freaking pretty, I loved watching the process of it getting made.

    Post # 11
    6255 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

    Did you use a hoop skirt, or a crinoline? If crinoline, where did you get it?

    Post # 13
    6255 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

    I think a crinoline is just layers of tulle and cloth, but a hoop skirt relies on boning (the “hoops”) to make it poof out. But someone please correct me if I’m wrong!


    The topic ‘What sort of train do you think this is?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors