Post # 1
I thought it would be fun for the Destination Wedding brides to share the “special touches” they’ve got planned for their guests/wedding.
So let’s hear it ladies – a big rehersal dinner bonfire, special welcome bags, a band playing local music, extra events….???
I’ve just booked in for a resort wedding in Mexico (not the most unique destination wedding I know…but so fun!) and am still pondering, but I want to make sure I put in some extra effort to show my guests how much I appreicate them making the trip.
Post # 3
We’re getting married in Sweden, with both Canadian and Swedish guests so we’re bringing Canadian ice-wine as our favour. We’re also arranging tours of the area, will rent a baking cottage to bake traditional bread, rock climb and go horseback riding. Then we’re having a bunch of pre BBQs and fishing trips – so looking forward to it!
Post # 4
wow, that sounds absolutely amazing!
Post # 5
Thanks! It’s a small wedding though, so it’s all doable. What are you planning?
Post # 6
We’re doing a Destination Wedding in Florida (a trip for all of us, though not as exotic or original as we’d wanted… ah, compromise!!!) in April. Here are a few things we’re doing:
1. A killer welcome party to kick things off
2. A low country boil for our Rehearsal Dinner followed by a hen/buck outing
3. Steel drums at the ceremony playing a mix of traditional wedding songs & some reworked favorites (everything sounds cooler on steel drums, lol!)
4. Providing sitters for parents during all events (worth every penny!)
5. Welcome bags with local treats, a few snacks, and a bottle of wine
6. A DIY photo booth at the beach house
7. A father-daughter choreographed dance (my dad is a goober and we have a lot of fun doing silly stuff.)
8. A “Day After” brunch the next morning before everyone heads out of town
9. Way more cake & alcohol than a group of this size could possibly need
10. Providing accomodations to Bridal Party – Bridesmaid or Best Man with me at beach house, Groomsmen at nearby resort with Fiance (Our biggest expense & we had help from FI’s family for this, but we are able and thought it would make the trip less burdensome on our Bridal Party members.)
11. At home receptions – We’re having one in each of our hometowns for people who couldn’t make it & coworkers, etc. who didn’t make the guest list
I don’t know if any of that is super personal, but those are just a few things we’re planning to do as a thank you.