(Closed) What time is your Ceremony & Reception?

posted 7 years ago in Catholic
Post # 3
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

our ceremony was at 3pm, reception at 6pm.  we had just enough time for formal pics at church with wedding party and fun pics just us at venue garden. 

Post # 5
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

our ceremony is at 2:30pm and our reception/cocktail hour will start around 6ish. we’re also planning on taking a few good pictures between the ceremony and reception =)

Post # 7
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Our ceremony was at 4, and our cocktail hour started at 6:30.  Since we did a full Mass with communion, plus a receiving line, we ended up not having much of a gap at all, since our reception venue let people in around 6 to hang out at the bar.

Post # 8
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Our ceremony was at 2pm.  We started cocktail hour at 3:30 and served dinner at 5.

Post # 9
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Why is it the “Catholic gap”? My ceremony will be Lutheran and we’ll have a gap because I’ll want 1 to 1.5 hours between the ceremony and the reception to take pictures with my groom.

Post # 10
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Our ceremony is at 12:00 and the reception at 5:30. I wish there wasn’t such a gap but it will give us time to take photos, and freshen up. I’m assuming the guests from the ceremony will stop by my parents house for lunch and drinks before the reception. Everyone lives fairly close to the hall anyway, no biggie I hope.

Post # 11
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

our ceremony is at 7pm and our reception at 830. we wanted some time in between for photos and our guests can enjoy cocktails and h’orderves in the meantime.

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Our ceremony is at 4:30 and the reception at 7:30…hoping this will give just enough time as we are having a mass, receving line then photos. Guests will probably just make it to the reception hall in time for cocktail hr.

Post # 13
150 posts
Blushing bee

@lsvogel: I can only speak for Catholics because I am not familiar with any other religion but our vigil mass on Saturdays is typically 4 or 5 pm and we cannot have the wedding ceremony after this time but most venues have set times for receptions making it that we have a larger gap than a JOP or another religion that doesn’t have the mass timing issue.

Post # 14
150 posts
Blushing bee

My mass is at 2, my cocktail hour starts at 6. I wanted to start at 5 but was convinced I would be too rushed, we plan on attending cocktail hour.

Post # 15
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My ceremony is at 1 and the reception doesn’t start until 6.  Hopefully people wont be too annoyed but I think most people are used to stuff like this in my circle.  There’s always the bar.  🙂

Post # 16
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I guess every church is different…our’s has a mass at 5:30 & and we are having our wedding at 7:30…reception immediately after @ a location about 5 minutes from the church. 

A couple people have commented that it seems late, but we live in a big city where it is not uncommon to go to dinner at 8 or 8:30 so I’m not too worried about it…and happy to avoid the gap!

The topic ‘What time is your Ceremony & Reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors