(Closed) What time is your reception ending? And what are you doing afterwards?

posted 6 years ago in Reception
  • poll: What time is your reception ending?

Before 10:00 pm

10:00 or 10:30 pm

11:00 or 11:30 pm

Midnight

After Midnight/The Wee Morning Hours

• Post # 61
    262 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015 - The Vineyard and Winery at Lost Creek, VA

We are out by 11 – we have the standard five hours on Saturday – but our ceremony doesn’t start until 6pm – we are going to the hotel afterwards because our flight for our honeymoon is at 7am Sunday Morning!

Post # 62
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2016

our reception runs til 1 am but we might leave before it ends 

Post # 63
    2922 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman

The venue we are hoping to book will allow us to stay until 1am but I don’t want to keep a bar open that long for budgetary reasons, so I’m thinking to shut it down at around 11:00 – 12:00.

Post # 64
    1786 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

My wedding ends at 10. Afterwards we are going to our hotel room! I’ve actually never been to a wedding where people do something after the wedding. Everyone is usually tired from dancing and partying. I do think the idea is cool if you have guests that are willing to keep the party going! 

Post # 65
    231 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

1AM, as this is the latest we can stay at our venue. Not sure why but it seems American weddings are so short (I see lots of weddings starting at 4-5 in the evening then going till midnight) Ours ceremony is at 13:00 so will be a 12 hour thang (which in the UK in my area is most common) we will then be going to sleep 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by BizzzzyBee.

The topic ‘What time is your reception ending? And what are you doing afterwards?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors