(Closed) What time of day is/was your ceremony/reception? What do you think of evening?

posted 11 years ago in Reception
  • poll: What time of the day will/did you have your wedding and reception?
    Morning ceremony and reception : (4 votes)
    3 %
    Morning ceremony, afternoon reception : (7 votes)
    5 %
    Afternoon ceremony and reception : (9 votes)
    6 %
    Afternoon ceremony, afternoon to evening reception : (52 votes)
    35 %
    Evening ceremony and reception : (71 votes)
    48 %
    Something different that I will describe : (5 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 17
    354 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Our weddings all being done in the evening. We are having the ceremony at 5pm. Than starting cocktails & dinner around 6PM.

Post # 18
    4771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Our ceremony began at 6pm. It actually started at 6:15. It was over at 6:45. Then the guests went upstairs to cocktail hour. We did family pictures for the first half. We decided on having a first look so that our guests wouldn’t have to wait more than the hour to have dinner. Then we went to the second half of cocktail hour and did our greeting then so we could eat and enjoy dinner together. Then we did introductions at 8pm. Our first dance right after that. Then salads were served. Danced with my Dad. Pasta was served. DH danced with his Mom. Dinner was served. Then the dancing started for 30 minutes (9ish) or so. We then cut and served cake at 9:30pm. Played a photo montage and everything was completed by 10pm. Most of our guests stayed until midnight.

Post # 19
    45 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Our ceremony is slated for 7pm, with all other festivities immediately afterwards at the same location so nobody has to drive anywhere. My mom thought that was “too late,” but late July in Texas is going to be incredibly hot, and the ceremony part is outdoors. Shady, and near the river, so hopefully the heat will be bearable, but I couldn’t imagine starting any earlier.

Most weddings I’ve been to have been evening, starting at 5:30 or later.

Post # 20
    334 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Wedding at 3PM, reception from 6:30-11:30PM

Post # 21
    518 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Our ceremony will start at 2:30 — Cocktails at 3:45 ish — Reception from 5-9 …

Excited!!

Post # 22
    36 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Wow – it’s so weird the difference between a UK and US wedding.

Our ceremony is at 2pm, meal at 4pm reception from 7pm – 1am.

That’s fairly standard for a British wedding – always an all day – into night event.

Post # 23
    6414 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

Ceremony at 6pm.

Reception at 6:30pm to 12:30am.

Post # 24
    1291 posts
    Bumble bee

Our ceremong will be 3-4, cocktails from 4:30-5:30 and dinner at 6pm… So it’s afternoon and evening.

Post # 25
    294 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

our ceremony is at 2p, then reception from 3:30-7:30p. we had to start the ceremony early because of our church’s rules, but i’ve decided i like it because it allows for an “after party” with just our closest friends–we plan to head up to our favorite pub for a while, then maybe head out dancing as the night goes on… 🙂

Post # 26
    567 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Ceremony is at 2pm, thanks to the church. 2 is the lastest they go.

Reception is at 6. Yes, we have the dreaded gap but we all wanted an evening reception. We will take pictures in between and we gave guests a list of things to do in between.

Post # 27
    1379 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

Church ceremony at 4 and Reception 5-11

Post # 28
    205 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

our ceramony will start at 5pm take about an hour maybe an hour and a half (we are having a full catholic mass wedding) and the reseption will follow right after 🙂

my colors are Royal blue, and silver. starry night themed

Post # 29
    949 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

my colors are almsot the same as you posted- we are doing claret with bits of black and silver

our ceremony is at 5pm. cocktails 6, recpt starts at 7 and goes til least midnight

Post # 30
    3518 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@AnneNM82:  I love twilight! We’re marrying in mid summer so the sun goes down late — we’re not even gonna start the ceremony until 7. Four hour reception 7:30-11:30.

Post # 31
    2969 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Our wedding began at 5:30 in February and the ceremony began at 6:30.

The topic ‘What time of day is/was your ceremony/reception? What do you think of evening?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors