Post # 1
Im doing the small round bowl center pieces for my wedding. inside im putting pink and silver stones i found at michaels with about 3 floating candles. according to the candles the approximate burning time i believe says 4 hours which obviously before the reception the candles have to be lit and stay lit the entire time. i was wondering what should i do if the candles burn out? the lady recommended buying the submersible led lights in white to also place in the bowl but i dont want to over do it. do you think i should exchange the candles i bought, or leave the candles and go for the white led lights or another opinion? also for the head table we purchased the same thing just a bigger bowl in mirror. we were going to place it at the head of the table where my then husband and i will be sitting and not doing any other decorations on the table. there will be only 8 people altogether at the head table so its not too large or so i go for something completely different or maybe just place votive candles down the table to give it more of a sparkle towards the table. attached is the closest picture i could find online to give an idea of what im having just the rose petals are going to be hot pink and like i said we have the stones to place inside the bowl also the mirrors are rectangular and have extra room then in the picture so im placing four votive candles on the mirror one in each corner and the floating candles are very similar to what i bought except the ones i bought are a silver color 🙂
Post # 3
Candles burn out at all weddings unless you buy bigger candles. Think of the votive lights. They always burn out before the party is over. As long as they are lit for the OOHS and AAAHHSS at the beginning of the reception than you are fine.
Post # 4
If you are worried about it and would rather have them replaced if they burn out, leave a few extra with the venue staff and ask them to replace candles as they burn out.
Post # 5
I also am doing a floating candle centereice, and worried about the candle burning out, ny solution was to buy submergable led lights and put them at the bottom covered with gems/marbles, that way there is still on OOOH factor and light after the candles go out!
Post # 6
I would buy in bulk so if they do burn out you have options and can just light a few. Otherwise I’d say find ones that will last through you entire event. I go here for mine:
Go for the medium or up since they’re about 6.5-7 hour burn times. Have someone (or staff) go in and light them during your ceremony so when you’re walking in to the reception they’re ready.
Post # 7
I have some experience with this type of centerpiece based on my previous job and what I noticed to be more of a problem than burning out, is the water put them out. As guests took their seats, if they knocked the table, water would splash up and blow the candle out. This would happen before the reception really even started. Servers would go and relight them, but there’s a point where it becomes obnoxious for the guests to have their candle relit everytime it goes out. I still did a version on this for our low centerpieces knowing this would happen, I didn’t care that much. We had led’s at the bottom (our’s were cylinders though).
Post # 8
If you keep candles in the freezer, they burn longer. With these, there’s no way to say definitively HOW MUCH longer, but an idea. I agree that people bumping the table and splashing water is more likely to be the culprit here. All you can do is leave a lighter on the table and hope the guests relight them for you!