(Closed) What to do when a friend from long ago has a death in the family?

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
5385 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@troubled: I would either mail or email her a sympathy card to let her know that you are thinking about her.

Post # 4
1763 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

If you don’t have her address I think a private message would be ok. If you can get it from someone else a card in the mail would be better.

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2006

Try the an online white pages directory if you want to send a sympathy card and need her address.  Otherwise I have used the FB email to send a “sympathy email” which I’m told has been appreciated.  In this instance since you’ve known her for so long and it is a close family member expressing sympathy is most appropriate.

Post # 6
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

If you can find her home address somehow, a card would be best. If you can’t, a sympathy email would be totally OK and I’m sure much appreciated.

The topic ‘What to do when a friend from long ago has a death in the family?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors