(Closed) What to do with Dad's old divorced wedding ring?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
11422 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@vpaine:  If you have no attachment to it, you could sell it for the value of the gold (and possibly also the diamond) and apply the money toward your own wedding bands.

Post # 4
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You could melt it down and have it made into a ring that better suits your fiancé’s tastes. 

Post # 6
12247 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Sell it and use the profits to buy your wedding bands?

Post # 8
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I was given my moms ering from my dad, it was a cluster ring and I used the diamonds in my wedding band.  I say sell or melt it into something you can use. 

Post # 9
4476 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I like the idea of melting it down and making a new ring with that gold.  In spite of the divorce, this ring still has a history of love behind it, it seems like it would be a shame to sell it.

Post # 10
8471 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Bring it to a jewelry store & sell it. 

The topic ‘What to do with Dad's old divorced wedding ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors