(Closed) What to do….shower & bachelorette party….

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I say do both! If people are explained the situation there shouldn’t be any hurt feelings!

Post # 4
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

For the under 21-situation, I’d see if you can do something fun before going out, like a spa-day or going out to dinner, something that she can be included in and then when it comes to going to a club or something, she can opt-out, but at least she gets to be part of the day.

As far as the dual-party thing, I’d just go with it.  This sounds more like just going out with your mom or people that are closer to one area than the other.  I’m sure they’ll have different tones anyway.  Tell your Maid/Matron of Honor of that she doesn’t have to come to the one with your Mom, that she just wanted to be able to take you out while you were there.  I wouldn’t play it up as “another” bach party, I’d just say it’s a chance to go out with her while you’re there, since she can’t make it to the “real” one.  Again, I’m sure they’ll be very different.

Post # 6
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

It sounds like a great plan and why not have two parties if different people are involved?

As for your Maid/Matron of Honor.  She is your Maid/Matron of Honor because you two are really close right?  Why can’t you have a frank conversation about it and address it directly rather than treat it with kid gloves?  If it were my Maid/Matron of Honor, I would have just told her flat out that a party was being planned in my hometown for friends that lived there and I would love it if she came, but understand that she may not be able/want to and I look forward to partying it up at her party.

The topic ‘What to do….shower & bachelorette party….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors