(Closed) What To Expect on the Wedding Night – 1894

posted 7 years ago in Intimacy
Post # 3
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

“On the negative side, there is the wedding night, during which the bride must pay the piper, so to speak, by facing for the first time the terrible experience of sex.”

Holy snapola. What?!

Daaaang!

Post # 4
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Well I can see why whore houses were so popular!

I don’t know what church these people went to….

Post # 6
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Eva Peron: I second that!

I wonder who wrote this….  

Post # 7
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

OMG… Why? 

Post # 8
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

You got to be kidding me.. So the hole in the sheet thing was real?!

Post # 9
387 posts
Helper bee

hahahahah I know I should not laugh but that is just the most ridiculous stuff I have EVER read!!!  The poor women of that era!!  

@auggiefrog: Probably a bitter matron of society who’s husband did his deed very quickly and then left her for his mistress(es).

Romance novels make it sound SO much better.  I’ll stick with those.  Who is with me on that one?

Post # 11
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Clever wives are ever on the alert for new and better methods of denying and discouraging the amorous overtures of the husband. A good wife should expect to have reduced sexual contacts to one a week by the end of the first year of marriage.

What the hell?

Uhm, no sorry. I love sex with my husband! Yes, I do! So what.. Now I am a bad wife? Not if you ask him! ๐Ÿ˜‰

By the tenth anniversary many wives have managed to complete their child bearing and have achieved the ultimate goal of terminating all sexual contacts with the husband. By this time she can depend upon his love for the children and social pressure to hold the husband in the home.

My mom & step dad have been married over 10 years & have a 9 year old child. They still get it on. lol & I am sure she enjoys it. (Cringes a little typing that.) lmao

A wise bride will make it her goal never to allow her husband to see her unclothed body, and never allow him to display his unclothed body to her. Sex, when it cannot be prevented, should be practiced only in total darkness. Many women have found it useful to have thick cotton nightgowns for themselves and pajamas for their husbands. These should be donned in seperate rooms. They need not be removed during the sex act. Thus, a minimum of flesh is exposed.

Uhm, is this person SERIOUS? Why the hell is it bad for my husband to touch or see my flesh? I don’t know weather to crack up at this or be aggatated.

She will be absolutely silent or babble about her housework while he is huffing and puffing away. Above all, she will lie perfectly still and never under any circumstances grunt or groan while the act is in progress.

I’m sorry but this is not possible for me at all. Even IF I wanted to which I DON’T I couldn’t lie there completely silent while my husband pounds away at my lady parts.

One heartening factor for which the wife can be grateful is the fact that the husband’s home, school, church and social environment have been working together all through his life to instill in him a deep sense of guilt in regardst to his sexual feelings, so that he comes to the marriage couch apologetically and subdued. The wise wife seizes upon this advantage and relentlessly pursues her goal first to limit, later to annihilate completely, her husband’s desire for sexual expression.

Uhm, my goal is most certianly not to have my husband not want me? What wife wants their husband to NOT want them?? HELLO????

Post # 11
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@LaviniaRose2013: I am.. Yaay for novels!

My cousin has this friend who claims his parents never kissed in the mouth (at least in fron of the kids), the dad just kissed the mom in the forehead and they never hugged or anything.

Post # 14
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@Mrs. Puffin: YES! lol I wish the ones who wrote that could be here for a week. Their poor faces when my husband’s bonger pokes at their face while he walks to the kitchen for some pop. LMAO 

The topic ‘What To Expect on the Wedding Night – 1894’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors