Post # 1
I just ordered these for my bridal party…I know its a make up bag but I think it would double well as a toiletries bag also for my two girls that dont wear that much make up.
With that said…what goodies should I fill them with? for the girls that DO wear make up and are girly and the ones that DONT wear make up and arent so girly?
im kind of on a budget so any really specific suggestions would be awesome.
Post # 3
- a good lip balm
- shout wipes
- wisp travel toothbrushes
- chewing gum
- nail polish
- travel wipes or kleenex
- travel size toothpaste
- travel size face wash
- travel size mouthwash
- small nail file
- eyelash curlers
- waterproof mascara
- mini sewing kit
- sheer lip gloss
these are all things I would put in a Bridesmaid or Best Man survival kit so maybe you can make them do double duty.
Post # 5
@Ginger123: thats a great list and a lot of it will work for the bridesmaids that dont like make up/girly stuff too!
@Mollytov:maybe I will sneak a piece of candy or two in each 😉
Post # 6
Jewelry for the wedding day is a possibility. Or even just something small that each girl would love and appreciate that is specific to them.
Post # 7
Ginger123 has many great ideas. 🙂
I thought of:
- snacks of some sort to tide them over til the reception – protein snacks: nuts, pb crackers, protein bar; especially good to help stave off hunger; local candy/snacks also a nice touch
- purse or pocket mirror; also a fairly inexpensive gift to get engraved
- jewelry or accessories for the day
- bobbypins /hair pins & hair bands/ties
- mini hairspray
- depending on the venue, or if you have out-of-towners in your wedding party: directions/phone numbers to the nearest drugstore, restaurants, etc. & a map of the area
- postcards of the area for a souvenir
- any little item they’d love & that is unique to them – stationary/magnet/little figurine/suncatcher/pen – the sky is really the limit on that one
- ibuprofen, tylenol or aspirin
No clue if you have out of towners/hotel guests and are doing welcome bags but a lot of these items can double for welcome bag gifts.
Hope this helps!
Post # 8
@Ginger123: Everything you said.
-Q-tips! These can be a life saver!
-a miniture pack of make-up remover wipes
-a pack of clear foot petals or moleskin pieces (to help stop blisters with shoes)
-clear mascara (apply lightly to any hair/s or fly-aways, it’ll keep them in place)
-clear deodorant stick (can be applied underneath a bra, on inner thighs, etc. to stop friction)
-some pepto bismal or tums chewables
-mini sun screen container (if it’s an outdoor wedding, my sister didn’t have any and started to get a bit red, I had some in my emergency make-up bag…it was a life saver!)