(Closed) What to get 8 year old flower girl AND 8 & 9 year old ring bearers?!

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 4
4824 posts
Honey bee

Something to occupy them during the reception if they get bored? Maybe some games if they have a portable game player?

Or a “goody bag” of things to do. Like legos or erector set or whatever is popular.

A girl is always easy to get a nice locket to keep for memories too.

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Our smallest attendants will be ages 4-6, but this might give you some ideas.

For our flower girls, we are getting them build-a-bears with a wedding dress. and the wedding jewelry.

For the boys, we are them personalized toy hockey sticks.

Post # 6
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I was leaning more towards getting my Flower Girl and Ring Bearer gift cards to TOYS R US. That way they can pick out a toy ( or ask their parents if there is a toy I can buy them). Something engraved or personalized is not going to mean too much at that age and i think they will be more excited about the toy.

I was also thinking of getting them something small that represented being a Flower Girl and Ring Bearer but not sure what that would be yet.

Post # 7
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I agree with PP.  Get them whatever is “in” now.  Maybe a new game for their DS?  Those annoying hamsters, those waxy sticks they sell on tv late night, if the girls are still into dolls check at the toy store what is hot right now.  Be the cool big sis and get them what mom and dad won’t!

Post # 8
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We also got our flowergirl a build-a-bear in a wedding dress.  She was really excited about it!  We gave our ring bearer a pretty nice remote-control car.  I’m sure that drove the parents nuts, but the ringbearer was my husband’s half-brother (much, much younger), so I think it was sort of pay back to DH’s dad for not letting DH have one when he was growing up.  😉

Post # 9
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Candy, girly firly things, whats she into ponys?, dolls/Barbies? maybe you could get her a “Bride Barbie” that’d be really cute!

The boys I’d just get something that they love, LEGOS? Candy? Maybe something with their name or an action figure!?!

Best of Luck@cherrycoke: its going to be amazing!!! Love your dress!! (EEK)

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I am stealing the build-a-bear wedding dress idea!  Perfect for my 5-year-old flower girl!  Except my fiance and I are going to do the option where you can make it talk.  We are going to say “Thank you for being our flower girl!” or something like that.  I am an adult and have a build-a-bear my fiance gave me that says “I love you” and I can’t imagine ever throwing it away.  The personalized message makes it such a keepsake!

The topic ‘What to get 8 year old flower girl AND 8 & 9 year old ring bearers?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors