Post # 1
I was just reading a thread that had to do with inexpensive and cheap gifts. Granted, some gifts we receive are not something we’d prefer, but I think there are inexpensive gifts we’d love. Writing on that thread made me think of this and here’s something I would totally love on a very small budget…
$25 – a gift card for pizza. With a note saying “On a given Friday night when you guys are tired from work, pizza delivery is on us ” 🙂
And along those lines, I think I would forever love the person or couple who instead of a $100 cash, gives us a card with a nice message and something along the lines of : (keep in mind cost of living in my area might be different than your bees)
– $25 gift card for the pizza gift with the note or same concept with any type of food place gift card
– $25 gift card for tickets to movies and snacks
– $10 Starbucks with a cute note along the lines of “coffee break” while running errands is on us”
– $15 Baskin Robbins or Froyo place gift Card. When the weather is hot or you are craving something sweet, we’d like to treat you to an ice cream, froyo run 🙂
And if it was one of those generous gifts of $200 and they add a 30 mins couple massage gift card, I’d probably kiss their feet. Lol
I don’t know for others but to me, those are cute, thoughtful and fun gifts that would make us feel loved, taken care of and pampered by our friends. And would also make for fun times when there is nothing to do or the budget doesn’t allow for much fun. After all, we HaVE TO use them! 🙂
So bees, what would you love?
Post # 2
1. Here’s a night of free babysitting so you and your hubby can go out on a date.
2. I love any handmade gift from my kids. My son and dad made me a bench for mother’s day. The wood was inexpensive, but it was the best gift ever because my boy put effort and thought into it!
3. A bunch of flowers from the supermarket from my husband.
4. A box of See’s chocolate covered Butterscotch candies.
5. I love it when my mom tucks a giftcard for Starbucks in my birthday or Christmas card. Of love their Chai Lattes but usually won’t pay $4.50 for one!
Post # 3
- Wedding: February 2015 - Chapel on Base
I would love each the gifts you describe. The thought behind the gift makes it so much nicer. I’m going to remember to give that type of gift.
Post # 4
anything really thoughtful, handmade or purchased, regardless of the price. and honestly, if it were from a registry of mine: i would love for someone to buy all the little things, because those will come in handy a lot more than a panini press that i just had to have but that i will use 4x/year. that way, i can use any wedding money/gift cards on some of the bigger items that i might want to still go pick out.
And yes, i LOVE getting gift cards for $10-$20 that in a pinch i can grab and go!
Post # 5
I love a good washcloth…lol
I love all gifts. Gifts make me happy no matter how cheap or expensive they are. The fact that someone wants to give me something is always awesome and I’m always appreciative.
Post # 6
1. Supermarket flowers
2. Draw me something! I love little comics. My DH makes them all the time for me and it brightens my day
3. Write me a note!
4. A picture frame with my DH and DS will make the perfect gift for me!
Post # 7
TheLadyA : I almost choked on my food!
Post # 8
Sporty-Bee: Me too! It’s a good thing I did not have a mouth full of tea or water. I’d have spit it all over my screen!
Post # 9
I would personally love a few new washcloths, my SO seems to think that they’re dish towels and has ruined most of ours.
Post # 10
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
scratch off lottery tickets are my #1 favorite
Post # 11
Sporty-Bee: I like old pictures of family members. My grandpa recently passed and my mom sent me a framed picture I’d never even seen before of me at about 2 years old sitting on my grandpa’s lap. Best gift I’ve recieved in years.
Post # 12
One of the funniest wedding gifts we got was a 10$ baby onesie. It was funny and emotional to look at that onesie and think of our future kids.
Post # 13
- Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas
My favorite gift was from a friend who gave us two records. One each of our favorite bands. It was really thoughtful, as I wasn’t aware that they even knew my favorite band!
Post # 14
I love to get books! A gift card or a novel they think I’ll enjoy make awesome gifts.
Post # 15
Seriously though, a $7 washcloth is a pretty luxurious washcloth in my book. I buy the cheap ones that are like $5 for 20 lol. I need to step my game up.