- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2010
ok, so I’m on a mission now to get the book that was suggested to me in my previous post by miss Dorsay. The book is called “The 5 Languages of Love” and it’s by Gary Chapman. I’m very excited to get this book as amazon had AWESOME reviews and after looking at the information I found online – it’s so incredibly cut/dry for me and mr. junebride it’s not even funny.
I have realized that I need “Words of Affirmation” – I’ve always been this kind of person that, for me, if someone tells me how great I’m doing at anything – be it work related, home-related, self-related, anything – it just makes me feel awesome. Whereas my husband is totally an “acts of service” type of person – that when I do things and show him “acts of service” such as cleaning the kitchen, the garage, doing the grocery shopping WITHOUT him (as in not making him come along) – those are the things that he realizes shows him my love.
I’m really curious – just from the basic 5 principals of this – what type of “love language” are you and what is your SO? (multiple answers are ok, as I also think I’m a “gift” person too)
According to what I’ve gotten – the 5 languages are:
1. Words of affirmation (being told things that boost your confidence, self-esteem, how good you are at doing things…)
2. Quality Time (just spending quality time with each other – not necisarily sitting and watching TV or a movie – but actually being with each other and enjoying each other’s company)
3. Gifts – (this can be little things – but it’s pretty self explanatory – getting gifts to show how much he/she appreciates you…flowers on occasion, notes, etc)
4. Acts of service – (Doing things for each other that you know the other wants you to do / would appreciate you do instead of making them do all the time, clean the house, wash the car, take the dog for a walk, etc)
5. Physical Touch – (pretty self explanatory – not just SEX – but more being hugged, holding hands, being kissed, cuddling, etc).
So yeah – I’m just really curious what all of you think is your top priority when it comes to showing / receiving love from others.
Again, I’m TOTALLY a “words of affirmation” person and Darling Husband is an “acts of service”.
what about you?