(Closed) What type of proposal did you want?

posted 7 years ago in Proposals
  • poll: What type of proposal do/did you want?
    Public : (13 votes)
    7 %
    Private : (107 votes)
    61 %
    Family included : (6 votes)
    3 %
    Friends included : (1 votes)
    1 %
    I want EVERYONE there! Flash mob and all! Let's have a parade! : (9 votes)
    5 %
    Didn't care as long as he just asked! : (40 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 17
    1140 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

I wanted a quiet proposal, just the two of us.  No bells, no whistles, no hoopla, no big production, no big crowds, nobody hiding in the bushes to capture it. 

I got exactly what I wanted. 

Post # 18
    1643 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

@GiantJelly:  I’d like it to be small or private; but I would also like photos of the proposal

Post # 20
    127 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Many years ago I decided I wanted to get proposed to on top of a mountain (my favorite place in the world).  This was before Fiance even existed to me, and I never told a soul about my dream proposal.

He proposed on top of a mountain!  With absolutely no one around for miles.  I was completely surprised, it couldn’t have been more perfect. 

Post # 21
    3970 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I want something that I know comes from his heart and that is truly genuine. However that breaks down to him, I don’t care. I only told him I didn’t want it in front of a lot of people because I cry when I’m overwhelmed even an ounce, like Kristen Bell said best: Unless I’m between three and seven I’m crying. Over seven I’m crying because I’m too happy, under three I’m crying because I’m too said. I don’t want people around me when I know I’m going to be grossly sobbing. Also, I know SO is incredibly shy and self-concious and I probably won’t get the heartfelt declaration I want if there’s an audience. Overall, I just was the damn proposal. I know it’s coming soon and I’m getting so excited! I can’t wait to see what surprises he puts together ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
    576 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I wanted something kind of elaborate (but not at flash mob level), romantic, and in public, and that’s exactly what I got!

I had always sort of envisioned being proposed to and strangers being happy or applauding (I think I just grew up thinking everyone proposed at restaurants, haha) but when he actually did it, no one really noticed. Oh well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 23
    4192 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Just like musical-lady, “I wanted a private, intimate proposal and I got a private, intimate proposal.”

Post # 24
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

I wanted the blanket by the lake with twinkle lights and chandeliers in the trees kind of proposal with a photographer and all. Lol ๐Ÿ™‚

in the end I was blindfolded and taken to 3 different destinations and was proposed to in the Gaylord Texan inside the indoor gardens with all the Christmas decorations. I cried so hard and was so happy, I didn’t care what kind of proposal it was at that point. Although it was a great one ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 25
    766 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

The kind the ends in an engagement ๐Ÿ™‚ and that’s exactly what I got. TBH, I knew Fiance would mostly take a back seat during wedding planning, so I wanted the proposal to be more of a reflection of his personality and how he chose to express the beautiful sentiments he did. It was on a public street but there was no one around, nighttime, snowing…perfect. And very him.

Post # 26
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I was tricked! Fiance had talked to one of my close friends and she got me talking about what i wanted-whenever that happened. So i basically got exactly what i wanted, not realizing that i had picked it out myself!! It was just the two of us in our apartment. It was very sweet and i loved the alone time. After that we left and headed on our family vacation, just a few hours away.

I really enjoyed having it just the two of us!

Post # 27
    183 posts
    Blushing bee

I would like a romantic proposal. Maybe after dinner at a nice restaurant. Some heartfelt words, etc. Or maybe like by the water or something. But I really want it to be heartfelt and I I would love a picture.

Post # 28
    1863 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

Honestly, never gave it much thought. Wanted a proposal, but I never planned out this thing in my mind of what I “expected” it to be. 

And when it did happen, it was special, private, and perfect. Nothing crazy over the top, at all, but loved it. Sweet, heartfelt words, love of my life down on one knee, and seeing his nerves asking me… priceless. 

Post # 29
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I feel so happy to be able to say it went so perfectly, I didn’t have expectations, I only kind of wanted it to be outdoors (but wouldn’t have cared if it wasn’t)…and I got proposed to a week ago in morro bay, just the two of us on the wharf at about 8:00am. 

Post # 30
    980 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@GiantJelly:  I wanted to go away for the weekend like a nice cabin in scotland or something and maybe doing it sitting outside round a fire under the stars.

Instead he proposed to me when i was drunk in our living room at xmas when i was dressed as mrs claus….at least we have a funny story to tell our kids.

Post # 31
    289 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I wanted it to be just us, and nothing to flashy.

That is exactly what i got! lol He proposed in our living room while giving me a hug before he went to bed… But i wouldn’t change it for anything!

The topic ‘What type of proposal did you want?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors