(Closed) What type of veil with my dress? (Sottero & Midgley JSM1103)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

1) your dress is GORGEOUS! 2) i think you could definitely get away with a veil, as long as it’s simple tulle without any embroidery/embellishments/etc.  depending on how long you are looking for, you could do either a cathedral or a chapel (i think a cathedral is 108″ long, and a chapel is 96″ but don’t quote me).  Just an idea – have you tried on a waltz-length veil with your dress? that comes to right around your lower thigh – it could look amazing with your dress! best of luck 🙂

Post # 4
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I vote a chapel or fingertip plain champagne/ivory veil!

beautiful dress!

Post # 5
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Something plain in Ivory. That dress is gorgeous 🙂

Post # 6
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

here is a chart…hope its not too big

[attachment=1058722,131709]

Post # 9
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I have the same dress! 🙂  I got a fingertip length light gold veil!!!!

Post # 10
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

They make floor length veils.  I have a chapel train on my dress but the train is very beaded and beautiful so I didn’t want to cover it up which is why I went with that length. 

BTW anyone who is looking for an inexpensive veil give wedding-veil.com.  I couldn’t believe how much they charged in the store and how cheap mine was.  Oh and it only took a few days to arrive for a custom order. 

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I just got married in the JSM1103 champagne and light gold and I had an ivory pencil egde fingertip veil as well as a beige lace flower in my hair… It seemed to tie in well with my vintage theme…

BTW if anyone is interested I am looking to sell my JSM1103 (US size 6)… Just listed it on smartbride.com.au so you check out my listing there!

Thanks, magda_1980@hotmail.com

[attachment=1473508,186849]

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I was married in the jsm1103 and opted not to wear a veil and instead went with a fascinator with swarvoski crystals in it! I think it went well with the feel of the dress! 

[attachment=1491207,188734]

Post # 13
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I just have to say, gorgeous dress!

Post # 14
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Any one who wore this dress have some real life pics to share? I ordered this dress but haven’t second thoughts now….please!?

The topic ‘What type of veil with my dress? (Sottero & Midgley JSM1103)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors