(Closed) What type of wedding band does your man have? Why?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll:

Gold

Platinum

Sterling Silver

Tungsten

Titanium

Stainless Steel

Other (ARE there others?)

• Post # 17
    9076 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

Stainless Steel.

Mostly because that’s what his ring came in. He is in the Navy and works on jets, so it isn’t as fragile as the softer metals. He’s had it a year and there isn’t a single scratch on it.

ETA: Tungsten can be cut off. It takes between four and twelve minutes to saw through a tungsten ring of various thicknesses and qualities: http://www.titaniumstyle.com/titanium_tungsten_ring_cut-off.htm

Post # 18
    8434 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

I voted other because my husband is allergic to metals (we tried platinum, tungsten, titanium, etc), he has a ceramic band with carbon fiber inlay.

Post # 19
    9535 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

DH has gold band.  that is what he always pictured himself wearing.  he finds it classy and traditional.  and that is the type of band his father wore.  (he is deceased)

Post # 20
    554 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@lovelee1:  My DH has a 18 karat yellow gold wedding ring. It was given to us by his grandmother and was worn by his grandfather who passed before we met. We had planned on buying a plain gold band before this. It was his preference. He wanted something classic and simple.

Post # 21
    1051 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

My Fiance was originally going to get a plain yellow gold ring because that’s what he always pictured a wedding ring to look like, but he found this two tone one and liked it better.

Edit to add: It’s cobalt and he says it’s really comfortable.  It cannot be resized though.

Post # 22
    2585 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

He has tungsten because that’s what he wanted. He likes the color and weight of the metal. I wanted to get him yellow gold.

Post # 23
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Fiance picked this one out. Ceramic and Bloodwood.

Post # 24
    9948 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

I VOTED OTHER

My Husband wears NONE

Well more correctly his “W” Band is a Wedding Watch…

He isn’t a jewellery guy… and would never wear a Wedding Ring (or any ring), so we got him a Wedding Watch.

The Band is still made of metal, round, and an unbroken circle.  Plus what better than a watch to mark the passage of time towards FOREVER ?

It works for him.

PHOTO – Wedding Watches (He got me one too)

In truth, I have 2 WBands… a Sparkly and a Plain.  They were BOTH blessed & used in our Wedding Ceremony.

I placed the plain one on his finger when I said My Vow to him (albeit it only went up the first knuckle) and then he put it & the sparkly one on my finger when he said His Wedding Vow to me

I have to admit I love having more than one WBand for myself… gives me lots of options to mix n match… stack em 1, 2, or 3 at a time.  Never have to go without a ring… no stand in needed etc.

One WGold Plain Wedding Band that ties the two of us together… OUR WBand if you will

PHOTO – My slipping OUR “Plain” Wedding Band onto his finger in the Ceremony

Hope this helps,

Post # 25
    2113 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

@lovelee1:  I proposed to Fiance with a tungsten band, he has one half and I have the other. He also received his dad’s original wedding band that he’ll wear as his band and that one’s two toned with white and yellow gold.

Post # 26
    2167 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@lovelee1:  I’m, pretty sure that my Fiance has decided on this one. It is titanium with bent rosewood interior. I think he mostly picked it because it looks pretty cool!!

Post # 27
    7624 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

DH has a tungsten ring. There really was no reason other than he liked it better than the other ones at the store we went to.

Post # 28
    9948 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

To

View original reply
    @sillysillybee:  that is a pretty cool ring.

Post # 29
    6107 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

My husband has a 14K yellow gold band. That’s all he’s ever wanted because it’s classic/traditional and “what his dad wears”.

Post # 30
    589 posts
    Busy bee

He has a plain platinum band.  He did not like the way yellow gold or rose gold look on his skin tone and he likes the way the platinum look more than the white gold.  It was more expensive but he loves it and wears it all the time.  He says it’s feel comfortable. They do get a little scratched up but we just recently had it polished up and it looks like new again.

Post # 31
    686 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

We haven’t purchased it yet, but it will be a plain flat platinum comfort fit band. My Fiance hates yellow metals with a passion, and I figure that if I’m getting all these diamonds he’s entitled to a pricey ring as well. 🙂

Although honestly I wasn’t expecting him to like the 6mm wide $1.5K version – I figured he’d like something smaller… But oh well. I just said that for that price, he’d better wear it 24/7!

The topic ‘What type of wedding band does your man have? Why?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors