(Closed) What type of wedding band does your man have? Why?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll:
    Gold : (98 votes)
    34 %
    Platinum : (22 votes)
    8 %
    Sterling Silver : (4 votes)
    1 %
    Tungsten : (90 votes)
    31 %
    Titanium : (29 votes)
    10 %
    Stainless Steel : (6 votes)
    2 %
    Other (ARE there others?) : (38 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 107
    2914 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @lovelee1:  We have matching tungsten rings from Amazon. We loved the fact that they are scratch resistant and priced so low. We’re both pretty hard on them, and they look as good as the day we received them. As for the shattering issue, so far it isn’t a problem with us. On one of our honeymoon outings, we went snorkeling at a really rocky and turbulent beach. We were both tossed around rather roughly, and I definitely slammed my ring on the rocks. So far so good. That’s just one anecdote and not meant to be representative obviously, but it’s a first-hand experience. 

Post # 109
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

We chose a classic Cartier yellow gold band for my Fiance…we both like yellow jewelry more..and he wanted his ring to match my rings..

Post # 110
    1161 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@lovelee1:  9k comfort fit yellow gold band to match with mine 🙂

Reasons: Comfortable, durable, matching, classic and it looked best on his big manly hands 🙂

Post # 111
    3370 posts
    Sugar bee

@lovelee1:  Cobalt. Tougher than gold, fairly cheap, but can still be cut off in an emergency.

Post # 112
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I finally dragged my Fiance into a store and made him try on a few “idea” rings.  (He had told me he would be happy with whatever I got him!!!) UGH!!!

Glad I did, I was heading the wrong way with his ring! LOL He wants a basic nothing on it ring.  Preferred silver in color.  I plan to buy him a White Gold Band, and have something engraved inside of it.

Post # 113
    6518 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

@lovelee1:  DH has a plain platinum band. He picked platinum bc it will last longer and it doesnt loom dull. His ring was free because since we went back to the jewler for my wedding band, he threw it in. My wedding band alone cost $2,100 its also platinum with diamonds on the band

Post # 114
    6518 posts
    Bee Keeper

@lovelee1:  DH has a plain platinum band. He picked platinum bc it will last longer and it doesnt loom dull. His ring was free because since we went back to the jewler for my wedding band, he threw it in. My wedding band alone cost $2,100 its also platinum with diamonds on the band

Post # 115
    445 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

we are having matching rings (except different weight and thickness) 

Just platinum and white gold. We both dont like ‘stuff’ 

Post # 116
    224 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@lovelee1:  My DH got a tungsten ring. He works at the shipyard, so he needed something that would hold up well. He’s also not a jewlery guy, so anything too shiny or with diamonds was out. lol. He did want something slightly unique though, so he got a simple design. This is his ring:

Post # 117
    919 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

His is cobalt. It’s shiny like white gold but lightweight and scratch resistant.

Post # 118
    1841 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I voted gold.  His “fancy” wband is white gold and 1.0 TCW diamonds.  He’ll wear it whenever he’s not working (he’s a robotics engineer in manufacturing).  His stand-in, if you will, is a stainless steel band that matches mine.  We bought them almost four years ago at a mall kiosk.  Cheap, but they’ve held up amazingly well.  We wear them on our right hands every day.

This is his fancy ring, but imagine it in white gold:

And here’s the best photo I have of my SS band.  His is the same width, but about six sizes bigger around:

Post # 119
    57 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@lovelee1:  My fiance wants a Vitalium ring. They are supposed to be as strong and scratch resistent as tungsten, look like white gold and are 1/3 the price of platium and gold also. Only problem is that its so new no stores have them to try on. We are hoping to get some in the jewelers as samples so he can see the metal. 

Post # 120
    12 posts
    Newbee

We saw a picture of this ring on Pinterest and I tracked it down online at http://www.titaniumbuzz.com.  The ring is actually cobalt, which I love because it’s virtually indestructible and doesn’t change color or shape.  It was $305 but I got free engraving and shipping.  Everyone who sees it absolutely loves it–us included!!

Sorry the picture is huge, I forgot to resize before posting…

Post # 121
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

his is hammered titanium. $150, he really was not fussed about his ring. There was a daily deal, I showed him the website and this is the one he picked. It is nice though and a good price and I like how it matches with my white gold rings.

The topic ‘What type of wedding band does your man have? Why?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors