(Closed) What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2012?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 62
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

This was basically the best year of my life thus far.

I graduated from the university I dreamed of going to since I was 12. I spent three months in the country I wanted to visit since I was 8. I was accepted to and began studies at my dream graduate school.  I moved to a new city which is the best place I’ve ever lived. Best of all, I moved here with my amazing husband, whom I married this year.

Post # 63
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Getting engaged and graduating college!!

Post # 64
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@beeks:  what country?

Post # 65
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@farawayviolet:  Japan.

Post # 66
12 posts
Newbee

2012 has sucked, I’m glad it’s almost over! I lost a baby when I was twenty weeks pregnant last December, I got fired from a job in February because I have epilepsy so they thought I would be too much of a liability (even though I’ve worked with kids before) and my mom has been sick since August but we only just found out in October that its stage 4 cervical cancer & she’s not doing well. 

Post # 67
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

There were a lot of great things, including career-wise, but I’m choosing to focus on my personal life which is far more important. I got married and began a life with my husband. In addition to getting married we moved in together. 2012 was a year of changes for me! I’m hoping 2013 brings me a pregnancy, and we’ll have many more happy changes in the years to come. 

Post # 68
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

2012 got off to a rough start, with some medical issues and a MAJOR shakeup at the school I work at, but it all worked out in the end.  I’m healthy, have had a fairly easy pregnancy in the grand scheme of things, living in a beautiful new home, and the changes at my school have been mostly for the best.  I’m very blessed!

Post # 69
3172 posts
Sugar bee

went back to school ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 70
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Getting engaged to the love of my life ๐Ÿ™‚ Here he is proposing:

and getting my new kitten Butters ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 71
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

2012 for me was all sorts of f’ed up, however the best (and probably only good) thing that happened this year was the surprise birthday party we threw for my dad in August. He had cancer in 2011 and nearly died, so we wanted to do something special for his 60th. His birthday was in May, but we threw the party in August to completely throw him off the scent.

If that wasn’t enough, we secretly flew in his sister from England on the day of the party (Dad’s family is from Wales), and revealed her on the night. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, cried.
(And that’s me in the background, looking like a fool but trying not to cry.)

Post # 72
3139 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Getting Married and celebrating our Love!!!!! 

Post # 73
2268 posts
Buzzing bee

The best thing that happened to me in 2012, would probably be moving countries, starting my new job and having FI-to-be move over.

I moved to Australia in April, leaving FI-to-be back home, with a contract to December 2012, which was extended to the end of 2013 with the option to extend for another year. The best part, was that my employers offered my FI-to-be a job which he started this past November and he is contracted till the end of 2013 withe the option to extend another year too.

Being long distance for 8 months, while it strengthened us and was really good for our relationship, was horrible, so being able to keep my job (which is amazing) and to be living together is all a girl could ask for!

Edited to add: I didn’t even think about our Europe trip, which was December 2011 to January 2012 (which feels like forever ago) where I saw my grandparents, auntie and cousins, who I hadn’t seen since I was 6 years old – which was 15 years ago.

Post # 74
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Two things: first getting engaged to a wonderful man who every day I am with him it’s a blessing. And the second, buying our dream house. A house I didn’t think we would ever be able to afford but somehow someway, we got it.

And now to look forward to the future and remember the great year that 2012 was….

Post # 75
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

2012 was a good year and a hard year. The best things were definitely: getting married, having an amazing honeymoon and getting a new job wih a supportive manager and lots of great prospects.

Post # 76
2742 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

2013 Highlights:

February: Purchasing the stone for my Engagement Ring

March: Setting a wedding date together, purchasing my dress

June:: Bought a new jeep

July: Presentation of my ring/formal proposal

August: Moving in Together, and getting my

October: Completed the Anderson 70.3 Half ironman Triathlon!

November and December: 1st thanksgiving done by me at our new home, and first christmas at our new home, 1st new years party too. 1st christmas in NY with fiance’s family.

I’ve been incredibly blessed in 2012 ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors