(Closed) What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2012?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 77
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

getting engaged and buying our first house!

Post # 78
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Not much good, actually. Getting engaged 2.4.12 was awesome, and I got a new (to me) car–my awesome Subaru 3.1.12. I got laid off in June (of a job that I hated), and got a new job that I like, but pays like shit (and I work 40 hour weeks, but am considered part time). 

I’m looking forward to 2013, though, since I’m getting married. πŸ™‚

Post # 79
727 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My Irish fiancé getting his k1 visa approved, and then having him move to the states To be with me for good.

Post # 80
4108 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Finding out my husband & I are expecting ! Yay! I also finally got a new car after 6 years driving one I absolutely hated. Celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and making the decision to move closer to DH’s family are up there too.

Post # 81
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I met my Fiance. 

Post # 82
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I bought a house this summer with my boyfriend of 6 years.  πŸ™‚

Post # 83
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I married the love of my life on 10.19.12!

Post # 84
1019 posts
Bumble bee

Hands down it was beginning my relationship with DBF. I know he changed my life forever. πŸ™‚

Post # 85
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Thorpewood

Graduating with my bachelor’s and getting engaged.  πŸ™‚

Post # 86
817 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Getting my master’s degree, getting a new job, moving to a new state and becoming engaged! πŸ˜€ wow, stacked up like that 2012=great year! :]

Post # 87
6354 posts
Bee Keeper

Getting engaged!! And being accepted by Future Mother-In-Law as a daughter (she was a tough cookie).

Post # 88
1511 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

It’s nice to see that so many people had a great year in 2012!  

Some of my favorite things from 2012:

– Buying a car that I love in March

– Visit from my best friend in May (he lives in Ohio, so we don’t see each other that often)

– Vacation in Seattle with a couple of my close girlfriends in June

– Visiting my family with my fiance in July (I hadn’t been back to see them in almost 2 years!)

– Receiving a promotion at work in October

– Getting engaged in November

I’m looking forward to getting married in 2013, though there are a lot of other things to look forward to already as well (my cousin’s wedding, my mom’s visit in just a few weeks, etc.).

Happy New Year, everyone!  Laughing

Post # 89
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Gosh…this was honestly one of the craziest years of my life! Getting married, for sure, was the best thing. Getting our own place, both of us graduating with our Master’s degrees, and ending our LDR definitely rank up there, too :-). I’m looking forward to some other life events in 2013 (buying a house, TTC, and — hopefully — reaching the tenure point in my career!)!

Post # 90
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I keep thinking we got engaged this summer, but it was all the way back in summer 2011. I can’t believe it.

This year I graduated from University and landed a fantastic job that has finally allowed us to feel stable and secure. It’s been so nice to get out of student-land and into grownup land with my wonderful fiance.

Post # 91
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

Getting engaged πŸ™‚

I hope 2013 brings us both good jobs (or a good job for me and grad school for him), a cute little place to call our own, and a fur baby πŸ˜€

I hope it brings all of you love, luck, and laughter!!

The topic ‘What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors