- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge
My day did not go as I wanted it to. Part was probably high expectations on my part. I mean I’ve been dreaming of my wedding since I was 10 at least, I’m now 33 so that’s a good 2 decades at least of planning in my head. But here is my list:
1) My Maid/Matron of Honor, one Bridesmaid or Best Man and myself had to set up the outdoor decorations at 11am AFTER getting hair and make up done. We couldn’t set up the night before because its an outdoor wedding and thats the venues rules. A lot of last minute stuff I had to do and by 2:00 I still wasn’t dressed and we had pictures at 3.
2) My pregnant Bridesmaid or Best Man got into a car accident on the way to the venue to meet us and arrived late. All is well she’s fine except her car was totaled
3) My DH and I got into a fight, what about I can’t remember now but it was stress induced. He said to me something like “Keep acting like this and I might not show up.” We’re fine, once everything started we were a happy couple and still in love. Like I said stress induced fight.
4) My mom was being a giant bitch all day. She couldn’t help me set up because SHE had to get ready. UMMM I’m the BRIDE! I shouldn’t be walking down the aisle in sweat pants with Bride on the ass and a zip up hoodie with no bra.
5) At 8:00pm my mom started taking decorations down and stripping the tables. People left early thinking the reception was over. I confronted my mom who denied that she was “kicking” people out and only taking down the tables that no one was sitting at. I bawled in the men’s dressing room.
6) Sunday after my wedding I got my period. I’m on birth control and was only 2 weeks into the pack but because of stress I wasn’t faithful with remembering to take my meds everyday so my hormones were out of whack.
For a while I really felt like my wedding was such a waste of money and time. Now that I’ve gotten some of our professional pics back I am much happier and I’m sad that I’m no longer planning a wedding.