- 13 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
I loooove this thread!
My fiance and I plan to save by doing the following things:
– Hiring an inexperienced DJ for $300. We figured that people can entertain themselves. As long as the food we serve is good quality, and the drinks are plenty, everyone will groove to any music 🙂
– Using Carnations for the bouquets and boutonniers. I plan to spend only $150 overall, and I will make the bouquets myself.
– Cutting out the Late Night Sweet Table. It’s all just a bunch of extra pastries that go to waste.
– Getting my invitations made in the Philippines (low conversion rate there, I plan to spend only $60 for 120 fancy invitations.)
– Getting my dress made in the Philippines (again, with the low conversion rate, I will spend at most $350 for a beautiful gown)
– Wearing Crocs which are only $25 instead of fancy bridal footwear.
– Having no kids as part of the wedding entourage.
– No giveaways, people just throw them away anyway.
– Fancy electronic Save-The-Dates ($0)
– $5 DIY Centerpieces
– Doing my own hair and makeup.
– Cutting out the limo – our bridal party will just come in their own cars.
– No cocktail hour before dinner (save money on h’or deauvres)
– Basic bar package only, which consists of beer and wine – no champagne.
– Going to an Antique shop to purchase our wedding bands.
– Having three identical cakes instead of a traditional multi-tiered wedding cake.
So far our biggest expenses are food, open bar, and our photographer. Everything else can be watered down 🙂