(Closed) What was your budget and how big was your guest list?

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 17
Member
799 posts
Busy bee

Our wedding is costing roughly $15,000 for 44 guests. 

Post # 18
Member
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We’re having 120 guests and our budget is 3,000 and so far we’re in budget. We’ve spent 2,762. Including photography and food and venue. We’ve been saving each month. If we include the tuxedo and dress then we spent 5,037. Everything is paid off and I”m grateful we don’t have start our new life in debt.

Post # 13
Member
2689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

25k, 70 guests…

Post # 20
Member
8437 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

$12k for 50 guests, including rings, welcome dinner, thank you brunch, etc.  We paid for 80% of it ourselves, our moms contributed the other 20%.

Post # 21
Member
1936 posts
Buzzing bee

80 people with a budget of $15,000

Post # 22
Member
2742 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

We expect about 60 and a tab with our honeymoon, travel, expenses on the trip to total about 30k with rehersal dinner as well. The actual day about 20k. Disney aint cheap ;).

Post # 23
Member
2346 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

25k for 16 guests.

Post # 24
Member
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We’re inviting about 160, I’m assuming around 130-140 will come. Our budget is 50-60K, excluding rings and honeymoon.

Post # 25
Member
984 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We seem to be on track for our 10k budget with probably close to 200 guests. Originally our budget was 15k, so if we go back into that range we’re okay with it, but right now we’re hoping to stay around the 10k mark

Post # 26
Member
2609 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

We had a budget of $15,000 – we invited 170, 116 accepted.

Post # 27
Member
3899 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Our budgtet is $27k…which I never thought I would spend. Ideally, we would have 80 people, but we are inviting 150 people (most from another state), so I’m definitely hoping that cuts down on the guest list some. 

I have to agree with PPs…unless your Future Mother-In-Law is splitting the bill with you and Fiance why is she even designating a guest list? My parents and I had an agreement very early on: Instead of them writing us a check or contributing here, contributing there, we split some of the items up. They are covering the venue, the caterer, my dress, and then accommodations. That being said those items listed there <— are the only things they get any “say” over. That sounds harsh, but too many opinions started flying around and I was trying to please everyone but myself and I put my foot down. For everyone’s sake, I suggest you do the same. Guest lists are tricky, but you shouldn’t feel pressured into inviting anyone you don’t want to, especially if it will be you footing the bill.

Post # 28
Member
2810 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Location is such a big factor in what your budget can realistically be.

We had a guestlist of 70, 60 confirmed for the big day. For our entire wedding, we spent $10,000

To accomplish that, there was a lot of DIYing, shopping around, and compromising!

Post # 29
Member
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
carolinabelle:  Our budget is 7k and our guest list is 200 people. We haven’t worked out catering yet, but we’ll be having a pasta bar for sure. We can probably do it ourselves for pretty cheap, but I’m going to look around and see what places are charging, just in case.

175 with 16k is easy peasy, but you do have to cut back on certain things. You might not be able to have a Tutera wedding with those figures, but you can have a really nice one. I’m basing our stuff off of my quincenera and that was 300 people for about 1500. It’s definitely doable.

Post # 31
Member
4889 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Our budget is about $15K (max) for around 250 guests. You do have to think of what the average cost of the wedding is in your area, too. I’m in the upper midwest, and our food will be the most expensive, probably around $5K.

My parents have offered 10K of that amount, and his parents have also chipped in where they feel necessary. We’ve also paid for a quite a few things by ourselves – as my parents said that whatever money was leftover from that amount, we could keep… and we’d like to use that for a honeymoon.

So far, I don’t think we’ll have a problem meeting that budget amount, with some left to spare! I’ve kept things simple but not too simple.

The topic ‘What was your budget and how big was your guest list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors