Post # 1
What was your flower budget and/or what did you actually spend on flowers total for your wedding day?
Just wanting to see where my price ranks, I thought I was doing good and then I just added all the extras I am adding as far as flowers I want and now I feel like it’s alot just for flowers!!
This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by zoey0317.
Post # 2
we have a really small flower budget. We are using potted flowers as centrepieces that we plant ourselves, and silk flowers for bridal party. I couldn’t justify spending a ton of money on something that’s just going to be thrown out after the wedding
Post # 3
NYC/Long Island bride and my quote is $1700:
6 high centerpieces (orchids in water w/ a floating candle surrounded by petals, candles)
7 low centepieces (florals a in vase, roses, hydrangeas surrounded by petals)
2 bunches of roses for the sweetheart table (w/ petals and 3 candles)
1 small tree w/ petals and 3 candles for the seating card table with 3 crystals hanging
1 Bridal bouquet (roses)
1 Maid/Matron of Honor bouquet (roses)
1 throwaway bouquet
petals for the aisle during ceremony
delivery, setup, breakdown
Post # 4
$3500 (in WI)
1 bridal bouquet + toss bouquet
6 bridesmaids bouquets
Flower Girl petals
aisle decor, and flowers for arch
19 centerpieces (3 different styles)
Post # 5
Oh my goodness, our budget was $500 and we spent $3000 because we wanted it to be awesome, it included piping, up lights, decor along with all of the floral arrangements. The flowers were the most expensive items on the bill.
Post # 6
zoey0317: $500 Total. Not a flower person, didn’t feel like spending a lot on something that doesn’t really do anything, guests don’t “use” and will just be there one day. (At least my lefotver booze I could drink all year, I even ate most of the leftover food.) My venue had a lot of plants and flowers growing there (ranch) so I didn’t feel it was neceassary to add too much. I just “needed”: Bride & Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, 1 jar of flowers for each table, boutineers for the GMs and my male Bridesmaid or Best Man.
At first I was getting quotes for $1500 so tried something else, I called the florist nearest the venue with the fewest $$ signs on Yelp with good reviews and asked her “Can we work with my budget? $500?” And she worked with me to make it happen. By not being too picky about what flowers I’d get (other than my bridal bouquet which I had my heart set on something specific) That included tax and delivery!
Post # 7
No budget for flowers…sooo…$21.6K…
-1 bridal bouquet, 1 grooms bout, 4 Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, 5 Groomsmen bouquets, 2 mom’s corsages, 2 dad’s bouts: $800
– chuppah for sweetheart table including floral: $3000
– chandelier for chuppah: $350
– fresh floral for bridal party tables: $450
– assorted candles for sweetheart table and bridal party tables: $350
– fresh floral, greenery and branch centerpieces @ $500 x 15: $7,500
– fresh floral centerpieces for low vases @ $170 x 15: $2,550
– low glass vases for low centerpieces @ $10 x 15: $150
– glass pillar and floating candles for guest tables @ $30 x 30: $900
– stone urn for cake stand: $75
– fresh floral, greenery and moss through cake and cake stand: $350
– custom tree for escort cards: $700
Price includes set-up, delivery, removal and tax.
Post # 8
Sf Bay Area Bride, 2014, ~175 guests, vineyard wedding:
Total: $4600 + tips
– 13 Tall centerpieces (including hanging 4-6 crystal strands on each)
– 9 Medium centerpieces
– 4 bouquets (including mine)
– 9 boutonnieres (including DH’s, groomsmen, fathers and ushers)
– 3 corsages
– Fully lined aisle with rose petals for ceremony (reused tall centerpieces and moved to reception later)
– Petals for flower girl, wedding cake; flowers for my hair
– Rented 86 various sized stemmed candle holders filled with water and floating candles that surrounded all centerpieces and on the head table
– Small succulent arrangements for the cocktail hour tables
Arrangements had orchids, roses, hydrangeas, greens, etc. We were fortunate to have a beautiful winery setting that did a lot of the work for us in terms of natural beauty – vines, roses, landscaping, etc!
Post # 9
I think it depends what you want. I am doing very simple flowers and LOTS of babys breath. Therefore, I am DIYing my flowers. We are ordering them online and having them delivered and then assembling things ourselves. I think total we are spending about $200 total and we have a large bridal party.
Post # 10
I had no idea flowers were so expensive before planning my wedding!!
We are working with a friend of a friend who used to own her own flower shop. Nothing official yet but last I heard we are looking at $1000 which is still over my $700 budget but now I’m not DIY everything it which is nice.
Bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, boutineers, coursages, toss bouquet, and small centerpieces (we have tons of old cool jars of different sizes so we are putting 3 jars of varying sizes with a few flowers in each)
Post # 11
Souzie: omg.. im spending like $600 TOTAL and I thought that was alot!!!!
Post # 12
- Wedding: June 2016 - A View West
zoey0317: we had a $1,000 flower budget
Post # 13
21k dollars on flowers? Erm…
Post # 14
- Wedding: May 2017 - Ocean front
Souzie: WOW….for flowers for ONE day!?
I have to ask…..are you and FH paying? I was worrying about spending even $700 but we are footing the bill so I was just curious…. I’m sure it will be GORGEOUS but yikers!!! Lol
Post # 15
Flowers were $1,700. Decor in general was about $5,000.