Post # 1
Mine was definitely my invitations.
At first I was all into it, I created my own font, bought an invitation kit, bought glittery cardstock, started custom cutting the different papers to fit in the envelope, etc. I had high hopes, bees.
But then we pushed our wedding up by 3 months (February), and I had to get them out. I started trying to print on the invitation paper, and since it was a special size, my printer wouldn’t do it. No big deal, I really needed a newer printer anyways, went out and bought a new printer. Started trying to print again a week later, and one of my printer rollers was broken! After a heated phone call to HP (seriously? I had it a week) they offered to send me a new one. Since I didn’t have time to wait for the new one (although they are still sending it), I sent Fiance to buy me a cheap printer, I could print the original, and have it copied to look nice. So Fiance goes to staples and buys me this really, really nice printer for printing invitations. Which was expensive.
My invitations were literally black cursive font on white paper, but it was such a headache. Now I have 2 really nice printers, though.
Post # 3
I made my dancing dress tea-length! It had about 78430 layers of tulle. It was a pain.
For Darling Husband it was printing the invites!
Post # 4
Yes!! Invitations, ceremony cards and menu’s drove me crazy.
Post # 5
Anything paper related drove me crazy (e.g. invitations, ceremony cards, save the dates, menu’s, place cards, table numbers).
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2014 - Scottish Rite Cathedral (New Castle, PA)
@jb20: I tried to make a stacked cardbox out of square boxes and could not for the life of me get the corners right. Then, I accidently sprayed too much glue in a spot and it soaked through the satin fabric, ugh! I eventually quit and went out and bought circle boxes and lace fabric and all is better! The finished, better one:
Post # 8
@jb20: Good for you for finishing, I bet they look great! I’m a quitter, I started this elaborate project for the favor boxes (elaborate for me, I’m not crafy), I was going to tie an ivory ribbon around 100 black 2-piece boxes and attach paper flowers to each. They looked like this:
But I bought the boxes on a cheap wholesale website and most of the tops had white parts which looked crummy, and my ribbon tying sucked, and the flowers looked kind of chintzy, and ok, I got lazy. So I scrapped the ribbon and flowers, spray painted the tops gold, and added gold glitter. They took about 1/10th the time and I think they look better, but maybe that’s my rationalization. Finished product here:
Post # 9
my brooch bouquet was by far the most challenging as I poked myself with the wires, I think they were too thick to bend and mold easily