- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
There are a few things that went wrong at our Wedding & Reception, most of them minor and some pretty funny actually…
1. Husband said, “I do” before he was suppose to, everyone laughed. lol (poor guy)
2. Our minister knocked over one of the side unity candles after we lit them, I thought the curtains were going to go up in flames. Also, our musician just didn’t play a song during the lighting of the unity candle, wtf.. Our musician didn’t start playing music until we were almost half way down the aisle after the ceremony. (Basically our musician sucked and I’m having a hard time getting over it)
3. My bustle wouldn’t stay up so we had to safety pin it and I think it looked awful -but did anyone really notice?
4. Our DJ was signing into the microphone almost all night (even I didn’t notice until someone pointed it out) but everyone danced ALL night as well, it was a blast!
5. I had to ask the DJ to turn the music down twice because I couldn’t even hear myself having a conversation at the far end of the room with a friend.
6. We ran out of beer during the last 30 minutes and the caterer didn’t order more b/c it was so close to last call.
7. Our caterer cut the cake wrong, I’m actually pretty pissed about this one. We had a 5 tier cake, from the bottom up, White, Marble, Chocolate, Carrot and Red Velvet, all buttercream frosting. The saved the red velvet and served from the top down which left us with a TON of white cake and the Bakery did the bottom tier white because that’s what everyone likes the most, I didn’t even get to try the carrot. 🙁
8. Oh, and the best man lost the rings an hour before the ceremony. He left them on the counter at the hotel and the limo driver had to take him back so he could look for the box, luckily the hotel staff picked them up.. And, my husband had my Dad come ask me what to do about it? lol Really!?!?!?! hahaha
Hmmm, ok.. I think that’s it, all in all a pretty flawless day! 🙂