OMG. So many things went wrong for us. Ultimately they were all little details that I’m sure no one else saw so I just let everything go and enjoyed my day. I was very proud of myself for not letting it ruin my mood, in fact it got to the point that it was just humorous what else would happen.
1. Nail saga. The day before I was getting nails done at a salon Mother-In-Law picked, it was a terrible Chinese mall one and the whole experience was awful. I wanted a light pink and white gradient/ombre nail. We had shown a picture beforehand and they said no problem. That day we showed the pic and the owner and one of the nail guys were arguing about it in Chinese. The guy clearly didn’t want to do it but I was ushered to sit down in front of him. What he did was awful. I kept asking him to file down to the shape I wanted a little more or if he could blend better and he started getting rougher and rougher with my hands, saying “why you too complicated?” and never did my cuticles. It was literally the worst nails I’ve ever seen, thick, lopsided, chunky, just hideous. He didn’t blend at all and just slathered glitter over the line between the pink and white. It was clear I wasn’t getting what I wanted so I just let it be and during my pedicure started debating how I would fix it at home. I asked for pink toes and they they just did glitter without listening to me, I was feeling too upset and defeated to even fight it by that point. When I was done with the pedi the girl clearly could tell how I didn’t like it and offered to fix it. She took me to her station and started grinding everything off and then painted my nails white. I asked her if she would blend the pink and she said yes she knew how to do it, and then just left white nails. I showed her the picture of what I wanted and she said that could only be done with powder. She finally just slapped glitter on the bottom of the nail. Her results where better than the previous but still nothing close to what I asked for and still the worst nails I’ve ever had done, messy edges, no cuticle care, not uniformly filed. By that point it was time for my bridal luncheon so there was nothing else that could be done so that was it. I tried to avoid any close up hand pictures though.
2. Chair covers. I didn’t even want chair covers but it was a detail SO wanted to I agreed even though I thought it was a waste of money. We had folding chairs and had ordered a few covers beforehand to make sure they fit perfect. We rented from online and they send a few days before for the event. When we started putting them on the day before none of them seemed to fit correctly, they were all baggy and lumpy. We checked the invoice and they had run out of folding style and sent the banquet style without ever notifying us. We called and they said they could rush ship the correct ones out for $260. Umm we have to pay more for your mistake!? We didn’t do it and in the end just used them but it made me mad we spent hundred of dollar on stupid covers and they didn’t even look right in my eyes, but again, sure no one noticed.
3. Morning of, it rained and they hadn’t properly covered the outdoor PA system so the venue owner was scrambling to set up a new one and called me out to check everything over. It all worked out but it was a bit of extra stress an hour before hair and makeup and photographer came.
4. Mimosas. Was supposed to have some with my girls while getting ready but it got forgotten in some chaos.
5. Hair. I did a hair trial a few months ago and it took about an hour. The girl said now that she knew it would take 30-45 min. It ended up taking 1h15m. I had budgeted extra time but running over that much stressed me out. On top of that she put my headband in way back, more like a tiara. It had teeth so trying to pull it out to rearrange it was a mess. Originally only 1 of my bridesmaids wanted her hair done but then on the day of they all changed their mind and wanted it too so even with my extra time we started running late and had to rush our group pictures.
6. Hanger. My Mother-In-Law ordered one of those custom hangers with my new name for my wedding dress. She ordered last minute and it didn’t arrive until that afternoon after I had put my dress on.
7. Flowers. Were supposed to arrive at 11. While I was getting hair done at 12 I got a call they would be there at 4. Our wedding was at 6 but we were doing all our pictures beforehand at 2. In my bridesmaid goodie bags I had put fans in since it’s hot. We ended up using them for pictures. They were never meant for photos are were just cheap fans from the dollar store so we’ll see how tacky it ends up looking when I get photos back. As we were finishing up our bridal party photos the flowers arrived. They weren’t really what I had asked for and were really beat up already. Several of my lilies were crushed and had creases in the petals and one was split. The white roses were already browning around the edges and a couple of lillies didn’t have the pollen stems removed and so everything was stained orange and brown. During pictures SO’s flower started falling apart so we had to make another pin for him.
8. With the flowers we had asked for a small arrangement for the alter table. What she brought was huge, and bigger than our whole table. While we were doing pictures my mom had to rework it so it would fit on our alter and that the candle and unity hour glass could even be seen.
9. The florist also threw in some pew bows without telling us. They looked fine but no one was made aware of them so no one understood who they were for and no one sat in the first 3 rows during the ceremony except our parents which looks a little odd.
10. Apparently the officiant never said now you can be seated so everyone was standing for a long time. Gradually people started sitting but some of the people in the front remained standing for a long time. I never noticed but my parents said something about it later.
11. We rented all of our stuff through our caterer, including glasses for the bar. The bar was aware of this but must have forgot and they were serving in plastic for the first hour before my mom realized and said something.
12. When our cannolis were delivered they told us they were missing a number on our card and not able to run it even though I had ask that it be run the week before. They came to me with the problem and I scrambled around for a minute trying to find my wallet before my dad just came over and wrote a check.
13. Our bestman was very nervous and people couldn’t really hear his speech. He tried to end it with a toast but no one heard and so we never actually toasted.
14. Entrance. After our entrance DJ was suppose to swicth to our first dance song but he kept going and going so it got really akwakrd standing there dancing in place.
Actually I am sure there were even more than this. I remember laughing everything someone came up to me with something wrong. I’m glad I was able to let it all go and just laugh and enjoy it. In the end we got married and everyone had fun. No one knows those little details but us and it was still magical.