LOL – glad I’m not alone! Let’s see….
– 1 of 2 original “honor attendants” and I no longer speak…she advised that she didn’t feel I was making a good decision and that if Fiance really loved me, he would have asked me to marry him a lot sooner. Never once congratulated me on getting engaged (unless “Congratulations, I GUESS” counts as congratulations). Very quickly saw the relationship deteriorate from there until I just couldn’t handle being hurt anymore and walked away from a 13+ year friendship. Sad but honestly, best decision I could have made – she would have found some way to ruin my day or make it about her.
– Centrepieces were to be roses and lilies but the lilies did not open up in time so we didn’t use them.
– Water beads used in centrepieces were filled incorrectly causing my mother to have to run out the morning of and get more.
– A standing vase fell over the night before and smashed (my fault)
– Cousin who had promised to set up the tables the morning of the wedding backed out at 10:30pm the night before because she “had lots of stuff to do” that day
– Had to give up on our original ceremony plan of being out in the open outside to being under a covered patio because we couldn’t tell if it was going to rain or not (it ended up not raining).
– Cake was ruined because venue took it out of the fridge and put it in their cold storage (kept at 1 degree) and all the decorations popped off and my original design had to be redone last minute into something I hadn’t asked for plus it tasted terrible because it was all dried out.
– Venue broke one of our toasting flutes by putting it in the dishwasher (despite the fact that the box clearly says wash by hand only)
-Timing of reception ran late and as such, I have no pro pics of the party because our photographer had to leave at 10pm and we had our first dance at 9:40pm so the last shots we have are of our initial dances.
– Wedding night hotel room DID NOT GET CLEANED!! Came in to an unmade bed, towels on the floor and beer cans on the desk (from the groomsmen the night before). Spent 30 minutes arguing with the front desk person in my WEDDING DRESS who kept telling us that this wasn’t his fault or his problem. A complete friggin’ nightmare!! Luckily, we stayed somewhere MUCH nicer for our mini-moon and that erased that experience pretty quickly. Had a LONG chat with the manager when we got back though and made him cut our room rate (even though even HE tried to blame US for his horrible staff and their crap customer service) to the bare minimum.
Yup – lots of stuff went wrong and I noticed all of it but you know what? I couldn’t have cared less on the actual day. I had so much fun and have such beautiful memories of the day that the stuff that got messed up just doesn’t matter at all in hindsight. Would have been nice for it to be the way I had dreamed and planned for it to be but I still had a wonderful time and still married the best guy ever!