(Closed) What will March bring with it for the September 2013 bees?

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Sunnyday278:  Oh! I’ll play!

We will be meeting with our caterer (who has been dragging her feet :-/) for a tasting- FINALLY

I will be paying the other half of my dress and picking it up (this Friday! EE!)

We will be sending out our invitations (all out of town guets, so skipping STD’s and sending out comprehensive invites, instead!)

We will hopefully be looking at a few bakeries to consider our cake

We will be (hopefully) taking our engagement pictures (it’s a little late, but our lovely photographer surprised us by including them in his package! So we’ll be taking advantage!)

Post # 4
665 posts
Busy bee

We will be putting a deposit on rentals

Meeting with our Officiant

Hopefully finalizing a band or DJ

Fitting the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (alterations if needed)

DIYing a few projects

Finishing our favors (pickles!)

Bottling our wine

……I wish I could have everything done this upcoming month!

Post # 5
781 posts
Busy bee

Hopefully getting the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered! I also want to go to a rental place and look around at the cost of things. Just paid the photographer’s deposit yesterday, so that’s finally out of the way! Now I guess it’s just crunch time to start printing my invites, get accessories, and start saving up for everything we have to pay off lol.

Post # 7
190 posts
Blushing bee

Making my invites!! That’s the task it hand over here and it’s a big one! 

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I need to pick out my bridesmaid dresses. I know I’m late.

I need to book a videographer. I’ve had that on my to do list since January.

I’m going to start to seriously look at invitations. I figure I have a little time before they need to be ordered but i need to start looking.

We will be meeting with out officiant to get our paperwork in order.

We have our food tasting coming up.

I want to register.

Post # 9
9671 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I don’t have that much to do

• make sure all bridesmaids dresses are ordered by the end of March (already went and picked them out–just need to go in with one more girl)

• might order invitations (or might do it in April…more likely April)

• I’m getting my boudoir photos done by my photographer

So I’m going to take it easy!  I’ve got a work trip to New Orleans in 12 days for a conference and then I’m in Vegas the week/weekend after that for the first rounds of the tournament.

All of my vendors have been booked for awhile so that makes things real easy right now.  I need to get our engagement pictures done…but at this point I’m waiting until late April for spring.

Post # 10
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

– Sending out our Save-The-Date Cards
– Finalize the design of our invites
– Meeting with the caterer about our menu (the menus changed a bit since we first looked at our venue, but it should be fine… just frustrating)

Nothing super exciting, but we’re having a really laid-back wedding, so it’s all good!

Post # 11
2447 posts
Buzzing bee

We are still looking at stationary. Our latest quote came in at around $2500 for 100 save the dates and 100 invitations (with RSVP cards and map). Who knew paper was so expensive? Hopefully this weekend we can find something closer to our budget. We are also looking to sign a contract for the ceremony and cocktail musicians. My bridesmaids are flying in from NYC in 2 weeks so we’ll likely have the dresses picked out as well. And then next week, I’m meeting with my veil designer so he can finally get started on my veil. It’s starting to seem more and more real! And it feels like the list of things to do is getting longer!

Post # 12
112 posts
Blushing bee

This month I plan to find a new plan for music. I was hoping to have a jazz duo but I haven’t heard back from them since I emailed them to confirm. I want live music but I think i might go ahead with a DJ.

Meeting with the caterer again to work on a menu that is more in line with our budget.

Begin to order things that I need from websites- cake topper, rings, candles, etc. 

I hadn’t thought about meeting with the officiant but I’ve been having such trouble getting ahold of vendors that I am kind of afraid of contacting him because I worry won’t get a reply like I’m having with every other vendor.

Picking out an outfit for the flower girls.

Start my DIY projects- napkins rings with origami hearts and my ombre pom poms.

Figure out a place to do the rehearsal dinner. I want something that is local and fun but I’m having trouble finding a location to have it. 

Post # 13
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Pavilion at Rocky Neck State Park

I have to:

-Buy my jewelry/accessories

-Put the deposit down on the ceremony musicians

-Choose a florist/decide on flowers

-Order the groomsman/best man tux (my guy is currently deployed so it has fallen to me)

-Make sure the bridesmaids have ordered their dresses

-Hair/make-up trials

-finish guest list

-Decide (officially) on wedding invites

Post # 15
673 posts
Busy bee

Ill play 🙂

Having the tasting with our Caterer.

Meeting with the officiant.

Putting deposits down on cake and groom’s cake.

Having our Engagement pictures taken. (Sending out Save The Dates in April)

Get prices on Invitations and probably order them. (Maybe order at the beginning of April)

Meet with a florist and get prices.

Post # 16
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

– order bm robes

– order bm earrings

– book honeymoon flights (hotel is done)

– hopefully all bm dresses will be ordered by March 9th

– give florist a large deposit

– order a few Etsy things (my damn addiction!!!)

The topic ‘What will March bring with it for the September 2013 bees?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors