(Closed) What would you call this kind of e-ring?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What kind of e-ring is this?

    Solitaire ring (with accents)

    3 stone ring

  • Post # 2
    2235 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

    Ooh! This is a toughie. I’d say solitaire with accents if that’s how they word it, but I’m by no means sure. I think the main thing is to ensure you have the best cover and since a solitaire is worth more than a 3 stone ring with the same ctw (presuming other specs are equal) it’s the best option. 

    I don’t think of your (stunning) ring as a 3 stone ring, but as a solitaire with side baguettes. It was such a find, I love the small table and high crown of OMCs. 

    Post # 3
    213 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

    Could you ask your appraiser?  I would say solitaire with accents, but I would ask your appraiser.

    Post # 4
    2185 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

    I’d call it beautiful!

    Sorry, I’m no actual help. I just like sparkly things. 

    Post # 5
    10041 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

    Solitaire with accents. To me a 3 stone ring is 3 stones that are similar in size. Where as your ring has a large center stone and a small baguette on each side accenting the center. But really it could be called either one, neither are incorrect.

    Post # 6
    739 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

    View original reply
    UK-bee:  I agree with PP’s that it looks more like a solitaire with side stones, BUT technically it is a 3 stone ring and that’s how I would list it, if it were me 🙂

    Post # 7
    876 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2016

    Solitaire with accents is what I’d say. And it’s lovely, btw!

    Post # 8
    1249 posts
    Bumble bee

    It throws me off when people say solitaire, but there is more than one stone on the ring. I’d be more inclined to say a 3 stone ring since there are 3 stones on the ring. I don’t think cut/size should matter. Solitaire means one. 

    Post # 9
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: Victoria Wedding Chapel

    I would call it a solitaire with accents. I picture a three stone ring as a ring with three similarly sized stones, that all together are supposed to be the focal point of the ring. With your ring (which is BEAUTIFUL by the way 🙂 ), the center round stone is the focal point and the baguettes are there more as accents.

    Post # 10
    512 posts
    Busy bee

    I know a lot of Bee’s have issues with calling a ring a solitaire if it has other stones, but in this case, I would go with solitaire with side accents, only because the center (main) stone is a whopping 2.4 carats and the side stones are .3 (hardly comparable to the main stone). Plus, your ring setting is not what comes to mind when one mentiones “three stone” ering. 

    Post # 11
    8486 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

    View original reply
    UK-bee:  If those are the only two possibilities, I’d say it’s closer to a solitaire with accents, but that’s not really accurate either since “solitaire” by definition means there’s only one stone. If it’s a freeform field or there’s some flexibility, saying “diamond engagement ring, round center between 2 tapered baguettes” would be more accurate. I’d also include the carat weight if there’s room.

    Post # 12
    842 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015 - Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Courtyard Marriott Legacy Ballroom

    I’ve seen a couple listings on websites that describe similar rings as a solitaire with baquette accents. So, I think you’d be safe ticking the box for Solitaire ring (with accents).

    Post # 13
    616 posts
    Busy bee

    View original reply
    UK-bee:  I would agree with MrsGAM that I would call it a solitaire with baguette accent stones. IMO 2 stone rings have three stones that are similar sizes to eachother with just a slightly bigger center stone.

    Post # 14
    3936 posts
    Honey bee

    <— votes “solitaire with accents” 😉

    The topic ‘What would you call this kind of e-ring?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors