(Closed) What would you do?

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What would you do??
    Wait a few days and tell friends next week (hope they don't find out another way like Facebook) : (12 votes)
    25 %
    Tell a few friends but also let them know we are grieving and not wanting to talk parties etc : (23 votes)
    48 %
    Tell them and try to move on, enjoying the happiness even though its a sad time : (13 votes)
    27 %
  • Post # 3
    1404 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

@teachertobe:  Ohh I’m so sorry about your sad news… but want to wish you a big congrats on your engagement. And I’m sure your friends will feel the same. I would talk to your fiance about it and if he’s ok with announcing your engagement, then go ahead. But it’s obviously a difficult time so speak to him first.

Post # 4
    1416 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I would also talk to your Fiance. Ask him how he feels about telling everyone right now. You can say I want to tell so and so about our engagement but I feel like it’s not the right time since you have so much going on. See how he feels.

p.s CONGRATS! POST RING PICS!

Post # 5
    641 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

As someone who has recently gone through mourning, I think telling a few people w/ the caveat that you are mourning is just fine. Sometimes it’s nice to celebrate some good to distract you from the (sometimes all-consuming) bad, even if its just a few congratulations and well-wishes from friends.

Post # 6
    868 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@FutureMrs.browneyes: +1 — def talk to your Fiance. As long as you know it will not be hurting his feelings, probably best to tell your closest friends with a caveat that you are in mourning. But Fiance comes first! 

Post # 8
    1430 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

That is so freaking romantic! Congrats! I’m sorry about your loss, but I’d still tell my friends and tell them to just hold off on the celebrations for a bit while we grieved our loss. I know I wouldn’t be able to keep it in that I was engaged, but that’s just me.

Post # 9
    265 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

Congratulations, that’s so sweet and romantic! And yet, at the same time, so sorry for your loss. I’d definitely wait a few days, especially since your family already knows. If there are people who will definitely see the ring, then I agree with what others have said… ask Fiance, then tell them with the caveat.

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors