Venue 1: Ocean-side Venue : (11 votes)
    26 %
    Venue 2: Lake-side Venue : (32 votes)
    74 %
  • Post # 3
    1832 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

#2 ALL the way. Private wedding with no other wedding being held at the same time is BIG. Plus the ceremony is free. Decor wise, keep it simple, let the beauty of the property be the focus. Have some centerpieces, decorate the head table, and call it a day. 🙂 Plus you still get the beach feel during your cocktail hour! Good luck with your choice.

Post # 4
    9142 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

#2 So easy!  No other weddings and save a bit of money plus it seems like you don’t have a preference for either facility.

Post # 6
    5547 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2011

I vote two! The beach isn’t that much nicer looking for the increase in cost! 

Post # 7
    1832 posts
    Buzzing bee

@BeachBride2014:  I actually don’t like all the boats in the ocean at the ceremony site in the one photo. I would be very concerned of this if my ceremony was being held there.

Post # 9
    4803 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I voted #1! Already decorated and you both love everything about it, how can you go wrong? I see your Fiance said it’s his top pick except for the money you’ll spend on the ceremony…but I bet you’d spend more buying decor for the blank slate venue. Depends on the style and look you prefer, though.

Post # 11
    9142 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

I voted for number 2 and support that especially after seeing the new pictures.Tongue Out 

Post # 12
    122 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Hands down the lake is the best choice. Please do not make your guests stand in the sand while only renting a few chairs.

Post # 13
    1832 posts
    Buzzing bee

@BeachBride2014:  #2 is awesome, the added photos are amazing, and the ceremony site under the trees is beautiful, no boats messing up your ceremony photos!

Post # 14
    9550 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

Definitely 2! That crazy chair/ceremony price would do it for me! Because everyone needs a chair if it’s going to be more than 5-10 min.

Post # 15
    5785 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2011

Voted #1 because your Fi said he preferred it and hello your avatar name is beachbride. I don’t think $650 is a ton of money and you will spend at least that much decorating venue #2

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors