(Closed) What would you do?

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3668 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Whoa. I think your fiancé should definitely tell his brother. That is a huge, potentially life-altering violation of trust on her part, and the fact that she’s dropping hints about it shows that she has no remorse.

Post # 4
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Do you have a close relationship with your FBIL? Normally I would say stay out of it, but I would have to tell him that someone overheard her talking about xyz and you just want to make sure everything is ok.

Post # 5
2607 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

If it were any scenario that didn’t involve the potential of creating a baby who is NOT wanted by its father, I’d say to stay out of it.

However, since this is clearly an unstable women, and a poor situation to bring a child into, I think the boyfriend should know that she’s being irresponsible with her birth control.  Your Fi (his brother) should be the one to tell him though.

ETS:  since she’s practially begging to be asked, why not bring it up somehow in front of him?  Either find a way to work an “are you pregnant?” or “I heard you were trying for a baby” or “OMG I almost forgot to take my BC pill last night, I felt so silly, are you still forgetting too?”

Just something to get it out in the open.

Post # 7
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Regina Phalange: +1.

@ChocolateLime: Either you or your Fiance or both need to talk to your brother. What she is doing is despicable. Having a baby is a huge decision that should be made with the knowledge and agreement of BOTH members of a relationship. She’s showing that she has zero respect for Future Brother-In-Law or their relationship. He needs to get away from that crazy asap.

Post # 8
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I would both – you and your Fiance – sit him down and tell him what you know.  Once he has the information, it is up to him how he deals with it, but at least he will have the information!!  Or, depending on how comfortable you are with sitting the gf down, tell her this is what you heard, and then let her know you will also be speaking to your Future Brother-In-Law in x, y, z timeline, so that she has a chance to come clean…

Post # 9
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ChocolateLime:  1) she needs to simmer down on drinking since she keeps ‘spilling’ her little plan, 2) I would tell her that she needs to come clean to her SO.  That is not fair.

She also sounds like a wackadoo, so…..there’s that.  o.O

Post # 10
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@ChocolateLime:  Then maybe have your Fiance talk to him. And also, I don’t understand why if she thinks she is pregnant she is out drinking.

Post # 11
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would def have your Fiance tell him. If he has questions about specifics after the initial shock wears off then he can come to you.

Post # 14
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

WOW yes I totally agree with PP’s… the brother needs to be told about this. Normally it’s good to stay out of other people’s relationships, but this craziness could lead to another life being completely effected. It’s not fair, or mature, or OK AT ALL for her to want to bring a child into this world for any reason that is about “forcing” her boyfriend to stay with her! Makes me mad >:[

Post # 15
539 posts
Busy bee

@ChocolateLime:  I think your fiance should tell his brother. That is a HUGE thing he should know if she is trying to get pregnant without him knowing. Super messed up thing to do.

Post # 16
3688 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You have to tell his brother.

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors