(Closed) What would you do? Need help!

posted 6 years ago in Family
Post # 3
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@AllieLaLa:  When everything is calm I would talk to Fiance about it. If you can afford it, I say move it up to September 2013. Good luck dear. I hope she gets better!! *Bee Hug*

Post # 4
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - The bride's hometown United Methodist Church near Kalamazoo

So many bee hugs for you, girl: hoping and praying for your FMIL!! I would say this is definitely something you’d need to talk to your Fiance about, but from a logical, getting-everything-done standpoint moving it ahead is definitely doable: that would still give you six months of engagement to plan (plus more to work on DIY projects, etc. that you really don’t need to be officially engaged for) and plenty of people have planned weddings in less. Good luck deciding on what would be best for you and your families!

Post # 6
4520 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hope your Future Mother-In-Law gets through this ok.

I just wanted to say that if you do move the wedding up, it can totally be planned from March – Sept. We got engaged at the end of April and were married in Sept. of the same year, and honestly, it was the perfect amount of time to plan (if a hair too long, even). I got a good price on my dream dress, we got the venue we wanted, all the vendors we wanted, everything.  You can totally do it!

Post # 8
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@AllieLaLa:  When is their wedding? What does your Fiance think? If it’s Future Brother-In-Law, then it’s also HIS mother, correct? I would think they would understand wanting her being around for the wedding. However, I would give it at least 2 months apart if you can.

Post # 11
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@AllieLaLa:  How close are you to th Future Brother-In-Law and his FI? Can you explain the situation and ask their advice, what they would feel is comforatable? They probably would undertand since its his mom too, hopefully they can give you their blessing for a close time frame to preserve th family.


PS So sorry you are going through this!

Post # 12
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I would say keep your date the way it is so that you can have the wedding you want. But, I would have a private wedding with your close family and friends just in case. Then if his mother pulls through she can see an intimate ceremony and also the bigger wedding you really want to have.

Hugs and prayers for your family in this trying time.

Post # 14
4574 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

i understand that you and your Fiance have a vision and budget for your wedding, but sometimes having your family and specially your parents around for that one important day of your life is more important.  When i got engaged my Darling Husband and I didn’t even want to have a wedding, but my father was so sad that he could not give his only daughter away, that we changed our mind and had a very small wedding.  I don’t fully regret it, because everytime i see the pics and see my dad so happy and us dancing and him walking me down the aile makes me happy too.  I sometimes do wish that i went along with my originals plans which was to go to Vegas or an island, but again it was soooo worth it seeing my dad and having him with me.  GL and best wishes and congrants in your soon engagement.

Post # 16
2106 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Find out when his brother and wife get back from their honeymoon. That would be the only reason not to have your wedding close to theirs. That is, as long as neither wedding is out of town.

The topic ‘What would you do? Need help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors