(Closed) What Would You Do?

posted 6 years ago in College
Post # 3
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@howtobeawife:  I would leave the job and pay for school myself. I don’t really like doing things on others’ terms anyway, and I know the feeling of finally being free of a place that is slowly sucking out your soul. It’s a really wonderful feeling Smile

Post # 4
11418 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I just want to make sure I understand.  If you leave in June 2013 and pay out of pocket for the five 2013 classes, you would NOT  need to repay any  of the tuition reimbursement that you have received to date?

Post # 5
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@howtobeawife:  wow! If I were you, I would just stay at the job for certain reasons.

1. Tuition reimbursement 🙂 I wish I had that and I’m still in school.

2. I would use that money that was gifted to me towards something else or save it for a rainy day.

3. It may be hard to find that job in this economy.

At the end of the day, it’s all up to you and follow your heart. I just like to keep my money because I never know when I may really need it especially in these times.

Post # 6
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@howtobeawife:  I’d only quit your current job if you had another job to go to (even if they aren’t paying for your tuition).  

Post # 9
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@howtobeawife:  I can’t believe YOU need advice! LOL

When I read the first paragraph I thought I am her!! I’ve been at my job 6 years, not happy for a lot of them but I have had other part time jobs and noticed that the grass is NOT greener on the other side.

For that reason I say stay, stick it out through finishing school and the year after that. Like you mention you have other things you can put the money towards and tuition reimbursement is an awesome benefit even if the job sucks.

Post # 10
1144 posts
Bumble bee

I would probably just stay the two more years so then you can invest that money on a house or savings like you said. I know it would suck but than you are closer to both goals of yours! But like other PP’s said ultimately it’s your decision!

Post # 12
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@howtobeawife:  I always see you handing out good advice!

Post # 14
11418 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@howtobeawife:  That’s great that you would owe the company nothing! I am going to PM you.

Post # 15
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This might be unpopular and a little on the questionable side as far as ethics but I wonder if they’ve actually ever sued someone to get the $ back.

Often employers have these stipulations related to tuition reimbursement/non-competes, but unless it’s a HUGE amount of $$, it’s not worth it to them to go through litigation.  The amount of $$ they’d have to put into re-couping your tuition would be negligable…

Just a thought…

The topic ‘What Would You Do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors