(Closed) What would you do….

posted 5 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2755 posts
Sugar bee

Ugh. I would absolutely leave my information or, if I had the time, try and wait for the owner to come back. I believe in accepting responsibility for my wrongdoings.

When my ex and I were in college, he had to park on the street by his apartment and we came out one morning to the back right side of his car smashed in AND his mirror hanging off. I could not BELIEVE someone could do that much damage and just leave. Never did figure it out, despite filing a police report 🙁

Post # 4
1511 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@lashphi:  Ugh, that’s awful!  Frown

I agree that any decent person would leave a note with their contact information.  I wouldn’t expect them to wait around for me to return, but I would expect some sort of note.

Post # 5
3424 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That sucks!! This happened to me too. Nothing I could do about it. Really irked me that someone could be so ignorant.  Hopefully Karma will take care of them! 

Post # 6
8471 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

We just don’t live in that kind of world, unfortunately. 

Post # 7
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

Someone hit me once while I was parked apparently. My sideview mirror was a little smashed up and there were scratches along the left corner of my front bumper.

Someone saw them do it. They pulled behind me to parallel park, apparently, and then changed their mind and tried to pull in the space in front of me to park, and they scraped my car on their way in. They just pulled back out and left. A nice samaritan got at least part of the plate and the overall make of the car, and left the info in a note on my windshield. We contacted the police, but nothing ever came of it. Fortunately the damage was not very much, the paint ended up buffing out, and really, it wasn’t a new car or anything lol. Probably would have been more hassle to do all the paperwork than to just let it go which is what happened.

I have left my info before when I accidently bumped someone else. And I would again.

Post # 8
8446 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I thought it was illegal to hit someone’s car and not leave your information.

The topic ‘What would you do….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors