tell her now : (23 votes)
    47 %
    wait to tell her : (26 votes)
    53 %
  • Post # 3
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

Whether you tell her now or wait I think the important thing is that YOU tell before you guys announce it to others! Let her find out in a loving & safe place rather than from someone else. If you guys are waiting to announce then obvoiusly you have time to wait, if you won’t be waiting to long I’d go ahead & tell her… that way she has time to deal with her own disappointment without having to make face to everyone else. =/

Post # 4
    2227 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t see why you should tell anyone until you’re 12 weeks. It’s nobody’s business this early in the game.

Post # 5
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I’d wait until you’re 12 weeks as well, and make sure you’re the one that tells her and she doesn’t hear it from others. So don’t tell anyone that will blab to her before then.

Post # 6
    1966 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

My best friend found out she was pregnant a few days after I had a miscarriage. She waited about a week to tell me. The only reason she told me so soon is bc she had to move up her wedding & I was her moh. I was so happy for her, she was crying when she told me bc she thought I’d get upset. It didn’t matter when she told me, I wouldn’t have been more upset if she waited until 4months. I think you tell when you feel it’s right (12wks to me).  She’s your friend she’ll be happy for you. 

Post # 7
    604 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

@abc123joanna:  Tell her when you tell your other good friends. That’s usually after 12 weeks (but if you tell certain family members they’ll tell the whole world, I learnt recently.) The pressure she is putting on herself to TTC might actually be what’s preventing her from getting pregnant sooner.

Post # 8
    542 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

She is your friend she is going to be happy for you.  But I can understand where you are coming from.  Just tell her when you are ready.  Depending on how close you are you’ll probably just mention it whent he time is right, probably before the 12 week period anyway.  lol

Post # 9
    1179 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

I would truthfully wait until you tell the majority of people, and I would def recommend you tell most people after 12 weeks! I understand where you’re coming from. My Fiance and I were NOT TTC and I am getting an unplanned blessing. I have a girlfriend/co worker whom is married and in her early thirties whom has been TTC for a very long time and is unable too and seeking fertility help. I am going to feel so bad when I tell her because it just doesn’t seem fair.

But I think that a good friend is going to ultimately be happy that you’re happy. In my opinion, I might be hurt on the inside if I was your friend but I would truthfully give you my best wishes and hide it.

Post # 10
    1213 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2004

How far along are you? I would personally wait until the 12 week mark.  

Post # 11
    7651 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

I wouldn’t say anything until the 12 week mark. Then I think you can tell her.

Post # 12
    4355 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think it would depend how close you are with her. If it were a really close friend of mine I would fee bad hiding it for 12 weeks because if roles were reversed I’d want my friend to feel like she could tell me regardless of my TTC status. Just be sensitive of her and try not to talk about your pregnancy a whole lot if she continues to struggle.

Post # 13
    Hostess
    8146 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

i’m not in that situation, but i think i’d want my friend to know asap. That way she is there for support IF anything were to happen.. I would also hope that she felt special for knowing o early, and maybe she would ask me some questions about what i did, and maybe could help her?.. or .. i have no idea since i’m neither of this scenarios!  I say … feel it out.. like… see how she feels, and if the time feels right, tell or, or else at like 10-12 weeks, tell her first?

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors