(Closed) What would you do?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

How do you know it’s fake?! I’d definitely want to know… Not because I think Fiance would buy me a fake ring, but because that would mean the jeweller was up to no good!!!!

Post # 5
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

If someone managed to spot my ring was a fake from an online photo, then I’d want to know – mostly just how they knew it was fake! But if they had some reasons for believing that, I’d want to hear them.

I’m sure some people would have a hissy fit if some random person messaged them saying their ring was fake, but if they’re a total stranger to you, then I hardly see how it impacts on you either way!

Post # 6
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

@quierajen:  In that case, I would maybe just send her a link saying “Wow! Your ring is beautiful! I fell in love with this design after seeing it at (link). Did you buy it from this website, or did you have it made somewhere?”

That way, you can check that she doesn’t know it’s CZ – some people actually don’t want big fancy engagement rings! Or she may know it’s CZ and be keeping it secret/pretending it’s a diamond. If the design is identical to hers, she can ask her fiance/jeweller about it, or she could tell you that, while the design is similar, she got her ring from somewhere else.

Post # 8
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

Good luck! Hope it all goes well! Can’t say I’m not curious to see how it pans out, but I guess you can’t really post stuff about other Bees on here 🙂

Post # 9
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh wow, I’m so nervous for you! (and desperately curious!)

Good luck! 

Post # 10
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I don’t think seeing a similar/the same ring means hers is fake. She could have had it custom made or a jeweler might sell a non-CZ version that you can’t find online…  Good luck with that. I think you should have minded your own business.

Post # 11
9631 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I think you made the right decision, although it may not be necessarily be CZ, or she may have wanted CZ. Hope all goes well

Post # 12
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsWBS:  +1!! took the words right out of my mouth!

Post # 13
1531 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I would not say a word. As unusual as the CZ might be, it is quite possible that it’s a copy of the real deal. 

Unless I was absolutely certain (i.e. knowing the designer), what is the point?

Post # 14
2490 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I wouldn’t say anything.

My Future Mother-In-Law is a jeweller and she said a lot of the rings on wedding forums (including WB) are either non-diamonds, or the diamond 4 C’s are not what the person is saying they are. There’s a ring on here that the bride claims is more than a carat and I showed my Future Mother-In-Law the pic (because it’s a beautiful ring!!) and she said it’s less than a carat and not the quality stated.

Post # 15
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@sweetestsin:  

@orchidaloha:  

@womanofsubstance:  

@littlemiss511:  

@Jacqui90:  

@pink lantern:  

@LadyElva:  

Hi ladies, I would be the particular Bee in question. My ring is not at all a fake, but rather a copy. I showed Fiance a few rings I liked on a web page when we were discussing my ring tastes, but he couldn’t find one quite like them when he started shopping, so he had one made. I just didn’t realize he used a picture from the page I showed him for the design. I refound that particular page once OP messaged me, and lo and behold: it has the pic from that CZ site on it.

My ring is almost identical, yes, but I have the jeweler’s original casting mold and the pearl is just… well.. better! Definitely not from the site. All real gold and diamonds, baby. He added some really sweet personal touches and knocked my flippin’ socks off! So copied or not ( and seriously… who cares?) I’m happy!

I appreciate y’all looking out for me, so no hard feelings! Zero angst whatsoever! At ease. 😉

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors