(Closed) What would you do?

posted 4 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Dog bites my baby?

Oh hell no.

I’d be calling the cops.  That dog is going down.

Post # 4
11760 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

um I would have gotten rid of my dog long before it had to bite 5 other kids.

Post # 5
4314 posts
Honey bee

That kind of dog needs to go to a home with no children or be put down.

Post # 6
7120 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsWBS:  +1

It’s bad enough that it bit your baby but 5 other kids?! I would have considered getting rid of it after it bit one and definitely after it bit 2.

Post # 7
3057 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’d have to rehome the dog. That’s not an okay environment for a baby and wherever the dog went, they need to know that he is aggressive with children!

Post # 9
257 posts
Helper bee

Don’t let baby go near strange dogs.

Edit: Just saw your update. Apparently it was not a strange dog. Whose dog is this? Yours? Husband’s family? I think if it is your dog, it needs to be rehomed with no children. If it your husband’s family’s dog, tell them you will not go to visit unless the dog is restrained.

Post # 10
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

release it into the wild

Post # 11
1125 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Depends if it was a stray, if the baby had reason to touch the dog etc. A baby getting bit is HORRIBLE but sometimes the parents need to teach the baby caution and not to touch dogs without the owners permission. Some dogs just are not kid dogs.

Finding the owners and contacting the police of course but I wouldn’t look to have the dog put down if it was the parents fault for the bite.

But of course, again, a baby getting bit is tragic, I wish parents taught their kids better and owners kept their dogs detained better.

ETA: 5 kids? The dog obviously needs to be taken away from children and it could be taken to court against the owner. He knows the dog is aggressive toward children and is responsible for keeping the dog away from the children while they are in his presence

Post # 13
709 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Natural reaction? I would have punched it right in its face. Do you live with the dog and its owner? If its your husband’s brother and not your house, I would be moving out.

Post # 15
1847 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My dog bit my sons face because my son startled him while he was sleeping (not an excuse). We contemplated sending him to an appropriate rescue, but decided to rehab him instead, since we hadn’t seen any previous displays of aggression. We had a certified behaviorist come in and evaluate him, we continue with training classes, we continue to be vigilant. I NEVER leave my son and dog alone. Ever. It’s hard, and sometimes it’s a pain in the ass, but this is what we are doing.

If the dog had a previous bite history and this happened, it wouldn’t even b a question, he’d be going to a rescue. If our dog does it again, he has to go. 

Post # 16
709 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@suez:  they should be embarrassed that they have such an aggressive dog. I wouldn’t back down and I wouldn’t be going over there unless the dog was securely locked up.

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors