(Closed) What would you do?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I think it’s really up to you and how fast you want to conceive. Clomid may not even work for you. Women with PCOS or PCO dont typically respond well to clomid. 

I have PCOS and tried clomid and it didn’t work for me. I only had 1 successful ovulation after 5 months of trying. 

If you are getting many positive signs of ovulation (temp shifts, OPKs and EWCM) I would say to just wait, 5 months really is still in the normal time frame. plus all the medications can have nasty side effects and just flood your system. I just didn’t feel right when I was taking the clomid. 

But like I said, it depends on how rushed you are. 

good luck In whatever you decide! 

View original reply
Soton85:  

Post # 3
15141 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m kind of surprise that he would say 8.2 was iffy if you ovulated, especially at 4/5 dpo.  My RE said anything over 2 indicated ovulation.  They like to see over 10 for non medicated cycles and 15 on medicated cycles, so even at 8.2 if that were 7dpo, it’s not that far off.  I did a few cycles of clomid and had no side effects other than it kept my lining pretty thin (just on the border of *too* thin 7mm).   If your cycles are normal, I’d personally keep trying if I was sure I was ovulating, which I would feel pretty sure with that progesterone level.  If not for a full year, maybe another 3-4 cycles before turning to meds.  It’s a fast slippery slope though imo… if the meds were to not work, then it’s the next step and next and next until something hopefully works. 

Post # 4
656 posts
Busy bee

Have you considered taking bio-identical progesterone? I’m starting on it because mine’s kind of low too, and it’s fairly natural with few, if any, side effects. The brand I’m going on is prometrium. 

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
Soton85:  I would also consider getting a second opinion. Sometimes doctors like to just through the “PCOS” diagnosis out there when there really isn’t any known cause to infertility. 

But again, you’re getting multiple signs of positives so I wouldn’t worry. 

My best friend was in the same boat, she was getting positive signs but not getting pregnant. She had some weird bleeding occasionally but other than that no signs of infertility. When she went to the RE for the weird bleeding he wanted to push PCOS on her. i think she went to a different doctor who disagreed with the first. Now she’s about a month pregnant after about a year of trying. 

like I said before you’re still in the time frame it usually takes to get pregnant. I wouldn’t worry!

Post # 8
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Soton85:  I also think it’s really weird they told you you might not have ovulated. I got a 7 dpo progesterone test and mine was also 8.2. My OB said this absolutely meant I ovulated and she didn’t seem worried at all. I actually found out 3 days later that I was pregnant. I was put on progesterone at that time, but I think it was just precautionary. I have no idea how long progesterone goes up after you ovulate, but if you’re correct that it’s still increasing at 4/5 days, it makes no sense that they’d tell you you might not have ovulated. 

Post # 9
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Are you temping to confirm ovulation? OPKs show that your body is gearing up to ov, but you won’t know for sure if you don’t conform with a temp shift. Your LP length could also give you good info about your progesterone levels. 

Post # 12
656 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Soton85:  Thinking about your last post, I thought I’d mention this because what you’re saying sounds so familiar to me. Since I started back on the progesterone (the natural version of it), I right away noticed that I was sleeping so much better. I had tried temping back in september but couldn’t get accurate readings, was waking up all the time and sleeping badly. My doctor told me to take the progesterone before bed and for the past week I’ve slept like a baby. Another thing that can help you sleep is magnesium if you take it before bed… Now I’m temping and it’s so nice to have a more reliable chart!

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors