(Closed) What would you do?

posted 4 years ago in Relationships
Post # 2
9527 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

For me facebook is pretty impersonal. Call or visit your friend. If they are the type to want a meal then do so. I’m sure they simply are grateful to be thought of during a difficult time

Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

sumshine.dawn:  I’m so sorry for your friends loss 🙁 losing a parent is one of the hardest things to go through.

I think a nice home cooked meal is nice, but I would also get it “pre-packaged” or make something that can easily be heated up. When going through a death of a loved one, hunger comes and goes, and heating something up is really all one feels like doing (at least for the people I know who has gone through this)…

Also, perhaps a nice flower arrangement to present at the funeral home. 

Really, they appreciate gifts, but the support of friends and family is the greatest gift one could give. Just being there as a shoulder to cry on is what they’ll remember through this hard time…

Hope this helps!

Post # 4
6040 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2019 - City, State

sumshine.dawn:  I would send a private message via text or a direct phone call or even better, a short visit to their home to make yourself available. and let them know you are available to help with whatever they may need in the coming days, be it a trip to the grocery store, some ready made meals to have in the fridge, a babysitter if they have children, or if they just need some company.

Everyone is different in what they need when they are grieving. But the simplest things can go a really long way. a Hug, a pat on the arm, a simple silence and just being physically present, etc. the most important thing is to be there when things slow down. People struggle the most after the dust settles. The phone calls stop, the condolences stop flooding in, the company is no more, and you’re left with this deafening silence that only makes the loss hurt that much more. that’s when he will need you most as his friend. Once the services are over and some time has passed, continue to let him know you are thinking of him and his wife and that you are still there for him.

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors