What would you do?

posted 2 years ago in Family
Post # 16
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: NJ

If you are ready to get married now, have all your ducks in a row financially and emotionally are ready to get married, and it is just a matter of time passing, then you could just move it up and get married when you are sure Dad will be ok. 

If things are still unsure, putting a wedding on fast forward isn’t too good. I have said this before, I knew a couple who got married quickly so her dying mother could be there, and it was a disaster.

Have Dad be there only for a marriage that is going to last, not one where you divorce in 2 years.

Post # 18
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

darkwater67 :  So glad to hear it went well for him! Hope that now you can focus on your original wedding plans!

Post # 19
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

ONE MILLION TIMES YES!!

I lost my dad 4 weeks ago. I get married in 5 weeks.

I’m so heartbroken he won’t be there. You can’t even imagine what it’s been like..

People actually asked me who was going to walk me down the aisle at the wake..

I’m kicking myself for not booking an early Spring wedding like we had originally planned. Because then my Dad would have been there. But we wanted to wait for nicer weather..

Post # 20
4886 posts
Honey bee

anthonyswife :  Try to be kind to yourself. I lost my father months before our wedding and I too wished we did it earlier. My mom walked me down…

Hugs. 

Post # 21
8263 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

anthonyswife : 

Oh I am so sorry , your poor dad and all of you. .  But you have nothing to reproach yourself for, so don’t muddy your grief with guilt. He’d have hated you to feel guilty over  him  wouldn’t he ?

Post # 22
1973 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Pearson Convention Centre

I would have an impromptu wedding there’s nothing more important than family.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors